New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc Rick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just joined. I have a 15 Tahoe LTZ. a year ago, replaced front turn signals bulbs for led. Just recently, got a message, right front turn signal error. Bulb is blinking, but faster than left. Any ideas, anyone have this happen? Thanks in advance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I'm surprised that you are getting an error codes on this. The fast flashing is due to the LEDs, and it is called hyperflash, caused by a different internal resistance for the LED versus incandescent bulbs. You can purchase resistors that go in line with the positive lead going to each LED at wherever you purchased the LEDs.

I left the hyperflash on mine, as I believe that the fast flash attracts more attention from other motorists, and after all, that is the purpose of the directional signals in the first place. I will note that hyperflash is illegal in some states.

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would visually check the function of ALL the bulbs, including 3rd brake. I had a REAR turn bulb hyperflash just on one side and changed just the 3rd brake bulb (incandescant/inop) and...'all better'.
You may also switch the front turn bulbs side-to-side to see if the problem follows the bulb.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just joined. I have a 15 Tahoe LTZ. a year ago, replaced front turn signals bulbs for led. Just recently, got a message, right front turn signal error. Bulb is blinking, but faster than left. Any ideas, anyone have this happen? Thanks in advance.
that's odd these vehicles do not have can-buss on the lights so you might have a short somewhere, as already mentioned though check all bulbs and try swapping bulbs left to right, if the problem does not follow the bulb then you probably have a short somewhere.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
More then likely just hyper flash from the led swap I’ve had it in every vehicle I’ve owned cause I literally swapped every bulb I could to leds I just live with it but as stated you can buy resistors to put on the positive wire to correct it it’s easy and cheap to do but it won’t mess anything up mines a 07 so no error messages from the dash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts