New guy. Wanting to buy a denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new sequoia looks cool AF. I saw one in town so did some research, the only way to get it is with a hybrid power train......total bummer. Don't want those headaches, although toyota seems to have that type of system down pat.

Personally, I'd read through sme of the posts here recently about all the dumb shit that is going wrong on these new body styles. No offense to other posters, but there is no way in hell that I'd pay close to 6 figures for one of these!

I've owned 6 Denalis from 2007 to our 2017 and have been very happy with all but one of them. I think with a 2015 Toyota that you still have plenty of life left in it. I'd wait out the market for awhile and see where things go. You might end up with a HUGE payment and a bucket full of buyers remorse. Just my 2 cents.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your current sequoia is in decent shape I would keep it until the end of the year, if possible, interest rates will keep rising for a while still. As the year goes on there will be more dealer incentives offered as car sales slow down. The new Denalis are nice but with dealer mark-ups and high interest rates, i'd wait and see.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new sequoia looks cool AF. I saw one in town so did some research, the only way to get it is with a hybrid power train......total bummer. Don't want those headaches, although toyota seems to have that type of system down pat.

Personally, I'd read through sme of the posts here recently about all the dumb shit that is going wrong on these new body styles. No offense to other posters, but there is no way in hell that I'd pay close to 6 figures for one of these!

I've owned 6 Denalis from 2007 to our 2017 and have been very happy with all but one of them. I think with a 2015 Toyota that you still have plenty of life left in it. I'd wait out the market for awhile and see where things go. You might end up with a HUGE payment and a bucket full of buyers remorse. Just my 2 cents.
Oh boy. Lmao.

How many broken toyota hybrids have you heard of?

And Idk if you understand how small the number of issues people are having with the new GM full size actually is. The 21+ forum is largely dead even compared to the older models with their ever present laundry lists of issues.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I’ve never had one to me it seems all you ever hear about Toyotas is how reliable they are and how much their owners love them. Seems to be a pretty good reputation to have. That new sequoia looks dope.

GM has always been known for weird electrical gremlins and this new model seems to be living up to that reputation

OP
OP
J

Johncunningham

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP here. Long time lag. Things got busy. Thanks to all that responded. Since last post, we finally got serious. Order placed today with a local dealer that seems to think it will get picked up this week. I’m cautiously optimistic.

We had a brief interlude where we drove and almost bought a Tahoe premier with the 6.2 would have saved a couple grand over the basically stock Denali. But as it happens wife prefers the interior of the Denali. So that’s where we are.

Thanks again.

John

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP here. Long time lag. Things got busy. Thanks to all that responded. Since last post, we finally got serious. Order placed today with a local dealer that seems to think it will get picked up this week. I’m cautiously optimistic.

We had a brief interlude where we drove and almost bought a Tahoe premier with the 6.2 would have saved a couple grand over the basically stock Denali. But as it happens wife prefers the interior of the Denali. So that’s where we are.

Thanks again.

John
Good deal! What color/options did you get on your Denali order?

We were in the same boat as you - waited for the Sequoia reveal - sorely disappointed and then moved on to the other options (Suburban/XL and Expedition Max) - we ended up getting a Yukon XL w/ Duramax. Just the base trim, but it sure is nice and everyone in the family is addicted to the space. You won't look back in a year and wonder whether or not you should have waited.

Mollys70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Above all the great advice you've been given here, make sure you take your wife to order her new Denali. :)