New guy. Wanting to buy a denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johncunningham

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello

Wife has a 2015 sequoia. We had been wanting a new sequoia. We waited and waited. And finally went and saw one. But as far as we are concerned. They ruined it. Solid rear axle. Much smaller third row. Doesn’t fit our needs.

The current generation Denali seems like a perfect fit for our family. Three kids. Aged 11-15. Wife drives soccer car pool. And we have a grown Labrador retriever.

I have been following along the last couple years. The dealer “markups” seem to have fallen off. The need to finance in house, seems to have fallen off. The dealer price adjustments are a thing of the past.

Here’s my question, as time passes and prices soften, am I a fool to order at MSRP right now?

Wife has a perfectly serviceable SUV. But she wants a new Denali. Is now the time to place an order at MSRP?

Anyone have a crystal ball that’s clear?

I like to think that I’m a car guy. I have an e93 M3 for the summer and a wrangler for winter duty. Thinking it’s time to pull the trigger and order her what she wants.

Thanks again for any advice.

John

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

Wife has a 2015 sequoia. We had been wanting a new sequoia. We waited and waited. And finally went and saw one. But as far as we are concerned. They ruined it. Solid rear axle. Much smaller third row. Doesn’t fit our needs.

The current generation Denali seems like a perfect fit for our family. Three kids. Aged 11-15. Wife drives soccer car pool. And we have a grown Labrador retriever.

I have been following along the last couple years. The dealer “markups” seem to have fallen off. The need to finance in house, seems to have fallen off. The dealer price adjustments are a thing of the past.

Here’s my question, as time passes and prices soften, am I a fool to order at MSRP right now?

Wife has a perfectly serviceable SUV. But she wants a new Denali. Is now the time to place an order at MSRP?

I like to think that I’m a car guy. I have an e93 M3 for the summer and a wrangler for winter duty. Thinking it’s time to pull the trigger and order her what she wants.

John
Well, here's the thing.

Sticker on my 2022 that I ordered in November of 2021 and took delivery in Feb of 2022 was 86,650, and I financed at 1.95% for 72 months.
If you rebuild it as a 2023 today (as close as you can get to what I have, slight changes because some of the packages are different) the sticker is $93.450...and Best interst rates around here are in the 4.95% range.

Will the base price and option prices keep increasing? Or will the market fall off and GM will start having incentives again? That is the question?

My guess, interest rates will keep going up, prices will stabilize, but you won't see incentives on these rigs for another year or so; since there are still people who ordered in 2022 waiting on their vehicles.

And, some things are still constrained; so depending on yoru dealer, what you are ordering, you may have to wait 6 months, or you may get it in 2.5...

Net; how big of a gambler are you?

What I will say is I am really satisfied w/ my Denali.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your area, I know my area u can get gms discount and there’s a $500 rebate if you have a GM family credit card. I think the economy is going to continue getting worse therefore car market going to continue to go down but again, the Tahoe/yukon/esky are a very high demand vehicle. I’d recommend to Search around for a dealer that u can order and get a discount

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw a video where a GMC vice president, of what I don't remember, told a financial group that among other great profit numbers for GMC, the Yukon/ XL is now "sold out". Any dealer that thinks they can squeeze out a few more sold orders may be mistaken.

marvcus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just saw a video where a GMC vice president, of what I don't remember, told a financial group that among other great profit numbers for GMC, the Yukon/ XL is now "sold out". Any dealer that thinks they can squeeze out a few more sold orders may be mistaken.
Do you have a source/link for this? I ask because I went to a local GMC dealer this weekend who gave me a similar response.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Hello,

I had placed multiple orders since 2021, finally found a denali in 8/22. I had gone to gms site and built my same vehicle weekly, i would call every dealer that had one in stock and it was always a customer order. One day I got a call back that it was available and for MSRP no markup, took delivery next day. Its worth the wait but will be difficult to find. Find out what exactly you want in it and place an order if you can but continue to search. You'll notice now that the ultimate is out your seeing a lot of those or denalis without many option not much in between. I got a 2022 with power assist steps, sunroof and air ride but that it, no ACC unfortunately but it is what it is. Best of luck!

Denali Dude74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello

John
Hey John! I’m new to this forum. I think your question will boil down to personal preference and how long you’re willing to wait. I can only speak from my experience. Right now, I’m finalizing a deal on a ‘23 Ultimate and it took me three weeks of diligent searching to get it. Needless to say it’s been an adventure. At first I was going to get either a ‘21 or a ’22 with the Ultimate option but decided on the ‘23. Went to the dealership and here’s what I found. While they are not charging a mark up on a new one fresh from the factory, the reason they aren‘t doing it is because they are making a killing off huge markups on used ‘23 Ultimates. People want them that bad and I still see some dealerships are charging a markup on spanking new ones. I was told that even if I put down a deposit, it may take four to six months before I may see it because they didn’t know when they’ll get it in. I might get lucky that a customer ahead of me backs out and I may not get it with the options I want. The used ones I’ve seen online have had an asking price north of $115k and I‘ve seen some in the $120s. I was fortunate to lock in one at $105k but it is located in NY and I have to have it transported here to TN.…but I’ve sat in one and it’s worth it. The one I‘m getting only has 1600 miles on it so it’s still new. I tell you this not to discourage you, but to say that you may need to be patient if you go through a dealership. Given that the factory is back at full production, you may get it sooner than later…but it’s still a crapshoot because it’s so popular. Good luck to you and if it were me and it’s what my wife wants(I’m not married lol); I’d go for it. Anything to put a smile on her face :) Plus, I don’t see the price going down on a brand new one at MSRP. It’ll only go up on the ‘24s. Eventually it’ll soften on the used ‘23s. You can get a good deal on a ‘21 or ‘22 with the Ultimate package if she’ll go for that but of course it’s not the same as the ‘23s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts