New check engine light pending codes..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if it is getting hot then they are working i though if the stayed cold i.e 220c (which happened on my old car) which meant it was broken? :( ? obviously it was broken cracked and caked.

480C-500C seems the typical temp i'm seeing

under load i.e acceleration it gets upto 550C then drops while i keep steady speed

according to Walker Exhaust it's within normal operating temperature specification ..

since there is 6 failure points
4 sensors and 2 cats i'll check the sensors first

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if it is getting hot then they are working i though if the stayed cold i.e 220c (which happened on my old car) which meant it was broken? :( ? obviously it was broken cracked and caked.

480C-500C seems the typical temp i'm seeing

under load i.e acceleration it gets upto 550C then drops while i keep steady speed

according to Walker Exhaust it's within normal operating temperature specification ..

since there is 6 failure points
4 sensors and 2 cats i'll check the sensors first

Your downstream O2 sensors won't be fairly steady, they'll be moving around like the upstream sensors if the cats are bad. What's with all this metric stuff? We're in 'Merica man! LOL

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for some reason it does not do the standard units correctly

but the cheapest option is 640$ not including shipping and sales tax so we looking at 730$ or so

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California rated cat ugh

Part Number: 25824121
& 15127419 about $1150

for the cutting and put in place it's $720

and
MagnaFlow California Converter 545194 for $1050

this

MagnaFlow 545006 Universal Catalytic Converter $840 no core (need to be welded)

MagnaFlow 545005 Universal Catalytic Converter $661 including tax (need to be welded)

the other option is to take the SUV for recycling before it's due for smog they offer about 1,000$ for scrap

they physically inspect the cats to make sure it's the correct one etc...
so you can't just use a random aftermarket one..

i'll talk to the bond company about it I have not submitted anything( they have a really sloppy claim process that seems impossible )

but they must have cheated the smog test ( well they did falsify other portions of the test mainly the physical inspection part plus i have the map sensor thing logged here on the site that there was a P0430 code before at 86k only 2k miles after buying it )

honestly it's super super easy to falsify a smog test I mean even VW got away with it for quite a while..

but that faulty MAP sensor must have for sure damaged the CAT(feeding it too much fuel )

Personally though i don't think i;ll even make it to the next smog test between the stress and mounting heath problems i'll have a heart attack before then **** i'm gone..

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California rated cat ugh

Part Number: 25824121
& 15127419 about $1150

for the cutting and put in place it's $720

and
MagnaFlow California Converter 545194 for $1050

this

MagnaFlow 545006 Universal Catalytic Converter $840 no core (need to be welded)

MagnaFlow 545005 Universal Catalytic Converter $661 including tax (need to be welded)

the other option is to take the SUV for recycling before it's due for smog they offer about 1,000$ for scrap

they physically inspect the cats to make sure it's the correct one etc...
so you can't just use a random aftermarket one..

i'll talk to the bond company about it I have not submitted anything( they have a really sloppy claim process that seems impossible )

but they must have cheated the smog test ( well they did falsify other portions of the test mainly the physical inspection part plus i have the map sensor thing logged here on the site that there was a P0430 code before at 86k only 2k miles after buying it )

honestly it's super super easy to falsify a smog test I mean even VW got away with it for quite a while..

but that faulty MAP sensor must have for sure damaged the CAT(feeding it too much fuel )

Personally though i don't think i;ll even make it to the next smog test between the stress and mounting heath problems i'll have a heart attack before then **** i'm gone..

Sorry about your health Brent. There's a guy on ebay selling the Magnaflow cats and Y for $750 but GotExhaust beat that. Course, I looked up the part number for mine, 51578. I have Kommunistfornia emissions on mine too, but forgot and just ordered the regular Federal cats. I'll never live there anyway.

I sold my old cats to the local scrap yard for some $$$ too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had 2 ca. legal magnaflows installed for $650 out the door, go to the magnaflow website and look up the part then look online they run about $295 each retail, I don't know where you are getting these crazy prices from. I think you can take the smog number off of the airbox and look it up on the magnaflow website also

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the AFM bank o2 sensor might be bad as it's reading all over the place from

0.0 to 0.9 and 0.740 steady on the output side..( 0.750 rear bank 0.05 non AFM bank)

might have lucked out

IN v8 mode

Bank2
it's shows at lest 0.05-0.1 idle on O2b2S1 when idle

(AFM side) bank1
while O2B1S1 flat lines to 0.00 volts idle it was Closed loop (CL)at the time ( i could not reproduce it but i was keeping a eye on it while driving)

both sensors are not following the 2nd sensor

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
earlier today

showing 0.00 voltage on closed loop

so according to the O2 sensor it's running lean on the AFM bank. aka "0.00" volts idle in closed loop

keep in mind there is no EGR on the hybrid model

I'll check the connection on the o2 sensor might be loose someone might have been putting the connections on drunk or high at the factory

Last edited:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
If you do scrap it I'll buy your tail lights and d pillar exterior trim from ya.

And sorry to hear about ur health as well man. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21