Check engine scan tool, quick question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John03Z71

Reaction score
Can anyone help me understand the following from an Actron Elite AutoScanner (Advance Auto tool)? I tried Googling, searching the forum, and searching the user manual for the tool itself but still have some questions.

HISTORY
"MIL NOT REQUESTED" (does this mean the specific error has been detected, but it will not cause the check engine light to turn on?)
"Since last key cycle NOT RUN" ?
"Since DTCs erased PASS/FAIL"

The above is for P0463 - fuel level sensor.

I'm trying to get my light to go off as I need to get state inspection passed. I've fixed 2 of the 3 'CONFIRMED' codes (P0300 & P1516), the last one being P0133. Currently my check engine is on about 90% of the time, it will randomly turn off then come back on. I can swap out a new O2 sensor no biggie, but my main concern is if the fuel level sensor issue would be causing the check engine light. I just replaced the fuel pump about 4 years ago and do not want to go through dropping the fuel tank again. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: adding more detail to P0133 code: "Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1" -- recommend to replace the sensor or would this be the result of a separate issue?

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mill not requested likely means it was a pending code you read that had not set the light yet. most sensors need to fail 3 times then the light goes on.

the p0133, change that o2 sensor. its beat. might be best to change em all at some point if your over 100,000 miles, they dont work right after say 80k ish, they get lazy and read slow over time. gas millage will suffer too.

OP
OP
John03Z71

John03Z71

Reaction score
mill not requested likely means it was a pending code you read that had not set the light yet. most sensors need to fail 3 times then the light goes on.

the p0133, change that o2 sensor. its beat. might be best to change em all at some point if your over 100,000 miles, they dont work right after say 80k ish, they get lazy and read slow over time. gas millage will suffer too.

Thanks, I’ll replace the O2 sensor. As for the fuel level sensor about 6 mos ago it started giving me problems, once I get down to half a tank or so it bounces back and forth from empty to 1/4. My current fuel gauge is via personal trip gallons used lol, reset at each fill up. Just hoping that sensor isn’t causing the check engine because I can live with that issue as long as it passes inspection. I’m almost to 250k.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im with wes up there. no way the level sensor could cause a code.

you can in most cases replace just the level sensor on the canister for like 20 bucks. and not buy a new pump and canister.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo