New 2018 Tahoe RST owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmeryZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings!

Long time GM fanatic, first time Tahoe owner. This past Saturday we purchased a 2018 Yukon LT RST with the Sunroof/entertainment, towing and luxury package. Frost white with the black interior and the ever so awesome (IMO) RST package. We got an exceptional deal, 10k off MSRP due to an issue with the dealer. We are taking delivery next weekend and cannot wait.

I currently have a 2015 Silverado LTZ Z71 Crew Cab 6.2 and my wife traded her 14 Caddy ATS 2.0T for the Tahoe. We have a 4 and 1 year old boys and the Caddy, while a fun car with epic handling , was just not getting the job done and I often lost my Z71 to my wife who loved the security and road prowess of a full size GM truck!

With this Tahoe looking sharp of the lot, I don't have too many plans, just want to tint the front windows to match the back, removing the LT badging off the sail panel and replacing with matte black RS badges, doing a black or black chrome exhaust tip and red caliper covers and possibly looking into a rear subwoofer. I really liked the red caliper covers on the next level RST package that comes with the Borla exhaust, 6.1, 10 speed and brembo brakes, but that was way out of the price range and while awesome, a bit unnecessary for my family needs.

In my Silverado I disabled the AFM on the 6.2 which drove me nuts, I hear it is not as bad on the 5.3 motors?

Any thoughts, insights, recommendations from current owners?

2018-chevrolet-tahoe-rst-001-1.jpg

thank you

OP
OP
E

EmeryZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
haah 6.1 and yukon. I wrote this while talking on the phone and obviously was disconnected!

OP
OP
E

EmeryZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone found a nice and classy exhaust tip that fits well on the 5.3 tahoes?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! Welcome from Miami Beach Steve!!

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone found a nice and classy exhaust tip that fits well on the 5.3 tahoes?

Amazon flowmaster 15377. You will need to shim it a tad to get it clamped on tight, he it’s the boss once it’s done.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to chevy accessories and they have a nice chrome one. Get the part # and then go to Ebay for better pricing plus free shipping and no tax.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
Greetings!

Long time GM fanatic, first time Tahoe owner. This past Saturday we purchased a 2018 Yukon LT RST with the Sunroof/entertainment, towing and luxury package. Frost white with the black interior and the ever so awesome (IMO) RST package. We got an exceptional deal, 10k off MSRP due to an issue with the dealer. We are taking delivery next weekend and cannot wait.

I currently have a 2015 Silverado LTZ Z71 Crew Cab 6.2 and my wife traded her 14 Caddy ATS 2.0T for the Tahoe. We have a 4 and 1 year old boys and the Caddy, while a fun car with epic handling , was just not getting the job done and I often lost my Z71 to my wife who loved the security and road prowess of a full size GM truck!

With this Tahoe looking sharp of the lot, I don't have too many plans, just want to tint the front windows to match the back, removing the LT badging off the sail panel and replacing with matte black RS badges, doing a black or black chrome exhaust tip and red caliper covers and possibly looking into a rear subwoofer. I really liked the red caliper covers on the next level RST package that comes with the Borla exhaust, 6.1, 10 speed and brembo brakes, but that was way out of the price range and while awesome, a bit unnecessary for my family needs.

In my Silverado I disabled the AFM on the 6.2 which drove me nuts, I hear it is not as bad on the 5.3 motors?

Any thoughts, insights, recommendations from current owners?

2018-chevrolet-tahoe-rst-001-1.jpg

thank you

So you spent all that money and didn't get a 6.2? I would have thought you'd know better after having one in your Silverado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n