New 2014 Yukon Denali owner - Need help on headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think JB also does divorces.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man!

Leonidas

What's Good TYF!!!!
Reaction score
this thread is awesome.....when you pay 1K+ for this setup what issues do you have? Do tell guys so others can be informed. Nice retrofit Robert.

OP
OP
madmanhiker

madmanhiker

Reaction score
this thread is awesome.....when you pay 1K+ for this setup what issues do you have? Do tell guys so others can be informed. Nice retrofit Robert.

thanks. The retrofit is very good quality and looks OEM. Yep, it's a little pricey, but this is what I wanted - this is how they should come from the factory! In 2015, they will........

the installation was actually not that hard.

The front bumper needed to be loosened (6 10mm bolts in the engine bay at the top of the bumper and grill) then the 2 10mm top bolts holding the headlights in, then in the wheel-well, 2 screws and 4 of the black trim fastener plugs. (use a trim fastener removal tool - Autozone $8 bucks). Once the wheel well is opened, there are 2 more 10mm bolts on each side which hold the bumper to the front fenders. Once those are removed a quick tug and it opens up exposing the last 10mm bolt holding in the headlights. bada bing... the entire process took about 15 minutes.

The headlights come out with very little effort. TIP: use blue painters tape at the bumper seam/connection points and the headlight openings.

Once out, just put them aside - you don't even need the OEM harness either.

Now comes the fun part....

The bi-xenon harness starts with a digital controller. It has 3 separate wire bundles:

1. Passenger Light (Ballast/Ground/Turn Signal)
2. Input power & Input Signal
3. Driver Light (Ballast/Ground/Turn Signal)

Tip: lay out everything, mock up connections, test power before putting everything together.

Again, after about 1 hour I had everything mocked up and it tested fine. However....... I was messing around with LED turn signals and load balancers - this was something that JB/BFC did not include in the package. Somewhere along the way of me messing with the driver headlight, I used the OEM headlight plug instead of the OEM signal plug so my signal wasn't working. duh.............. So, I called Nathan and asked if he ran into something like that since he has the same lights... lol - he knew exactly what I did after I explained what was happening. It happens... once I swapped the stupid plug, everything started working again.

Lesson learned..... take your time!! lol

Regardless, the LED turn signals work great - threw a resistor in between the ground(black) and the blue (signal) on each side and no hyper flash. Looks factory.

One last thing - I removed DRL1 & DRL2 fuses so no HID's during the day :) and 'Auto' mode works perfectly.

Tested brights, low, signals, hazards, auto etc.

Reinstall everything in reverse order and you have what appears to be a factory installation. :)

hope that helps.... my issue was all of my own making ....

Last edited:

Leonidas

What's Good TYF!!!!
Reaction score
appreciate the information Robert. I'm not so good with wiring stuff so I might just stick with my halogens for now. Everyone on here that has retrofits I envy them. The lighting on these trucks do suck.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
appreciate the information Robert. I'm not so good with wiring stuff so I might just stick with my halogens for now. Everyone on here that has retrofits I envy them. The lighting on these trucks do suck.

Don't be a wuss.

Get a retrofit ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boom313