New 2014 Yukon Denali owner - Need help on headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tsk tsk tsk. :nono:

You are the lighting Master of TYF .

You have to keep up. :D

Only two shrouds available at this point.

Thankfully now a lot of TYF members have gone through the retrofit process so you guys can now take over informing new members ... I'll just be in the corner if I'm needed. :)

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Fair enough.

I see your point too. The N3BS have projectors already too. Even though not optimized for hid.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should be a pretty easy swap ... it's just a matter of finding a projector with the same mounting points or making a simple adaptor bracket. Plus I imagine the Yukon folks will be able to swap to the Denali HID housings so it's really only going to be relevant to new Tahoe/Burb owners.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nice to witness a one day old thread and have a new person go from hid's in stock housing to projector retrofit. Welcome to TYF!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should be a pretty easy swap ... it's just a matter of finding a projector with the same mounting points or making a simple adaptor bracket. Plus I imagine the Yukon folks will be able to swap to the Denali HID housings so it's really only going to be relevant to new Tahoe/Burb owners.

Exactly why a Yukon XL is in my future.

Change to a Denali Grille and Denali headlights.

Ballin on a budget. Holla.

LOL

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ my exact plan lol.

pe3y2adu.jpg

OP
OP
madmanhiker

madmanhiker

Reaction score
It's nice to witness a one day old thread and have a new person go from hid's in stock housing to projector retrofit. Welcome to TYF!

thanks. :) I have seen the light, and now I am saved!!! :head3: seriously, I am much happier with what I will end up with rather than installing hid bulbs in a halogen housing. I can't wait for them to arrive!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Shrouds (these cover the new projectors/style pending)

If you're using the same Denali aftermarket replicas you should use the original Gatling because it has the same mix of chrome and textured finish as the Denali lamps.

If you're buying the regular Yukon headlamps then use the Gatling 2.0 which I believe is full chrome to match the full chrome of those headlamps.

Do not use the Mini Gatling shroud which is usually sold as part of the kit ... that shroud is for very small headlights and will look too small in the massive Yukon round reflector.

I pointed out the difference in the Denali vs Base Yukon headlamps in this post: http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=725726#post725726

OP
OP
madmanhiker

madmanhiker

Reaction score
Thanks Serge. I sent him an email just now to clarify which housing and which shroud. Production doesn't begin until the 17th, but he did send me an email to tell me that "housings" were already on there way to his shop. -hope they are the right ones.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlpfcb