New 2013 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Ah yes. I remember the Buick Regal GN T-Type. Was badass sleeper rides back in those 80’s days.

Nice PPV. Glad you got one. Regarding the horn, mine doesn’t work either. I mentioned it in my original intro post and another member replied to mine with the same situation on his PPV. Said he traced it to some disconnected wires as mentioned below.

I plan to check that on mine.

Thanks for that info, I guess I worded my intro a bit wrong, I do have modern cars but not modern "performance" cars, I consider the Tahoe PPV a performance car although it's not anything crazy, but certainly better than a civilian model.
I'm a guy that gives up creature comforts for a little more speed, so I'm more interested in maybe a tuner to turn things up, cold air intake and maybe an exhaust to get a bit more out of this rig,. I would like to surprise a few of these kids with their imports, mustang's, etc, not looking to set the world on fire (I have other fast cars) but definitely want to make it respectable.
I didn't see a lot about tuners when I was surfing through the threads, as long as it doesn't mess up the PPV settings I'm all in for doing a tune.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this DIC switch I keep seeing referenced ?

Just to the left of the center air vents is a vertical line of switches that operates the Driver's Information Center on passenger trucks. One yours the cutout is not there nor is the switch but the wiring harness and connector resides underneath. Many guys cut out a hole from the existing panel and secure it with glue, others will order the whole panel with the cutout and fasteners.

Download a Tahoe owner's manual for your year off Chevrolet's website and you see all that it does. Some things you can do on yours but you have to turn the key on, hit the brake pedal twelve times while pulling on your right ear...

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seen the "proverbial" YouTube video where it shows installation and all the functions, I guess the fuel range could be handy if you're sweating making the next gas station on a road trip.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll notice some similarities with your T-Type, the same differential basically, the same engine oil cooler lines (that need replacing!) and of course, going fast with class! Still have it?

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll notice some similarities with your T-Type, the same differential basically, the same engine oil cooler lines (that need replacing!) and of course, going fast with class! Still have it?

No, the girlfriend at the time thought it was an old man's car and the next upgrade was a thousand dollar hit so I sold it for the downpayment on my house, kinda regret that one now.

Screenshot_20171124-120810.jpg

In my introduction thread I did list and show all the current iron in the stable, keeps me busy for sure, but yes I'd like to "go fast with class" with the Tahoe and I already kidded with some Buick guys that I was going to add a turbo..lol

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roads were dry so I took the Tahoe for it's first ride down the local highway, everything seems to work fine, which I'm happy about, but I also found that I have the RPO for day time running light delete.
I did a few searches about it and it looks like I'll have to get used to turning my lights on and off manually, which I don't like, I'm a firm believer in day time running and night time lights being on.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roads were dry so I took the Tahoe for it's first ride down the local highway, everything seems to work fine, which I'm happy about, but I also found that I have the RPO for day time running light delete.
I did a few searches about it and it looks like I'll have to get used to turning my lights on and off manually, which I don't like, I'm a firm believer in day time running and night time lights being on.
I've heard tell some dealerships will reprogram the bcm to get those to function... I haven't found one yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24