New 2013 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What certainly looks like a button, does not push in or out and the little rectangle that usually says tow/haul is blank, the wire packet is in the glovebox though which looks to be for the trailer brake like my 02 Silverado had. I'm beginning to think this thing doesn't have the tow package even though it has a factory receiver hitch, doing online searches it seems the referenced RPO Z82 is absent.View attachment 241970 View attachment 241971
View attachment 241977
View attachment 241978
It would be interesting to know if any of the other PPV's have an RPO for Z82 or if it is automatically rolled into the PPV package. My LS came equipped for heavy towing, I have two RPO codes for towing ~ Z82 and VR4. Our trucks share the same springs and while your receiver sticker is different , they have the same max tongue and trailering numbers..

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a big box, so big they had to run 2 small alternators because one regular one wouldn't fit..lol

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, picked it up at Chicago Motors Inc., they had good looking inventory, good write up about the vehicle, the car fax, 50+ photos and good reviews. From the initial emails, to the phone calls and texts they seemed easy to deal with, treated me fair and I'm happy with it.

One thing I did notice is the horn doesn't honk when locking it up using the key fob, on my 02 Silverado the horn honks and the security light flashes on dash, so that's something I have to look into. Might just be something in "stealth" mode..lol

Sorry if his was already answered, but our PPVs come in stealth mode. No lights or horn when locking (which is great coming home late from the bars).

When I went in for my RPO for the remote start, the tech asked me if I wanted to remove stealth mode for something like $200. It's a code they have to buy from GM. I passed on it, but might go back and get done when I go to sell.

Anyway, If you get the remote start, some of the lights do come on when you use the remote start function. I ended up with that giant 2-way remote start from GM, which shows the doors are locked.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have remote start on it, push door lock button then push the round arrow button, RPO AP3

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it begins, just ordered the air bags, cold air kit and the Jones muffler, did I mention I haven't even registered this thing thing yet...lol

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it begins, just ordered the air bags, cold air kit and the Jones muffler, did I mention I haven't even registered this thing thing yet...lol
You may have a performance shopping disorder - time for rehab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518