New 2013 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seen the "proverbial" YouTube video where it shows installation and all the functions, I guess the fuel range could be handy if you're sweating making the next gas station on a road trip.
The most useful functions I have found are the Transmission temperature, air pressure in each tire, and compass.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the 13s come with the Tow/Haul shifter? If not, that's one quick and easy mod you'll want for towing.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the 13s come with the Tow/Haul shifter? If not, that's one quick and easy mod you'll want for towing.
Mine did not but swapping in a shifter with the tow haul button fixed that up.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This one did NOT , it does have a fake button on the end of the shift arm.

Screenshot_20200226-231557_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20200226-231506_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Ok so when you go to the dealer to have any work done ask the tech to print off your build sheet. It will show all the deleted items. So the daytime driving lights are deleted so you can sit in the dark with it running and even drive around with all lights off. When using the key fob, no flashing lights, horn or chirp are deleted so if you are getting ready to do a no knock warrant no one hears or see it locking up. The dic in the dash gives you access to tire pressure, engine hours, timer, door programming, and some other stuff.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Ok in front of my dic right now.

First button on top

1 odometer
2 trip
3 fuel range
4 AVG economy
5 fuel used
6 digital speedometer
7 timer
8 trans temp
9 INST Economy in V8 or V4

Second button

1 oil life remaining

2 units
English. Metric

3. front tire psi
Left. Right
4. rear tire pressure
Left. right
5. engine hours
6. press to relearn remote key
7. press to change compass zone
8. press to calibrate compass

3rd button
1. Display language
Press bottom button to change
2. Auto door lock
3. Auto door unlock
4 chime volume
5 factory settings
Press bottom button to restore
6 press bottom button to exit

There you go. If not carefully your dic can get you in trouble

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like button 2 #6 and button 3 #5 could alter things depending on what they consider factory settings.

I also changed my reply to the tow/haul button question, mine is a damn fake button, I just drove it to the local car wash and was looking things over a little closer, I'm waiting till all the salt gets washed off the roads before really driving this thing and getting acquainted with it.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hey, just joined up, long time car guy but new to "modern technology", my last "new technology" car was an 86 Buick T-Type (think Grand National) so we've jumped a bit further up in years.
I just bought a 2013 Tahoe PPV couple days ago, North Dakota one officer take home, D.O.T. enforcement with tow package, 74k miles, clean and rust free which is unusual for Buffalo,NY
I plan on occasionally towing an open car trailer with my 51 Henry J gasser onboard and interested in a few performance upgrades for Tahoe.
So I'll be lurking and going through old threads trying to get answers before asking redundant questions, here's the required photos we all love, of my new ride.View attachment 240785 View attachment 240786 View attachment 240787 View attachment 240788 View attachment 240789

Congrats on your new ride, the suv looks super clean. Welcome to the forum.