New 09 Yukon Denali Where do I start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As you can see I'm a newbie on here. I just purchased a 09 Denali and want to start my project. I have read through the forum and know I want exhaust, HID's, Black Bear Tuning CAI etc. The problem I see is most don't offer for the 09's. What would you guys suggest I start with first? I did a 05 dodge Cummings and trashed a few parts because I didn't research well enough before I started. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Anything that works on the 07 and 08s will work on the 09 with an exception of the cai.
Your mods are well planned too!
BTW you need an H13 HID system.

OP
OP

09yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What Cat back exhaust system should I go with. I am going to have it tuned by BB in a couple of weeks and need to add a CAI and exhaust before I get it tuned. This is also going to be a family car so I don't want it to be to loud, maybe just deeper.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I Also would like to know what your CAI recommendations are

OP
OP

09yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yhis is what I plan on ordering
Magnflow Cat Back
Ariaid CAI
AFE Throttle Body
Then tie all this together with a BB tune. Any input from the experts?

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing the same research for my 09 5.3 tahoe. If I understand it right, if you have a 6 sp tranny you will only be able to tune the ecm and tcm if you get a live tune or purchase the flashscanv2. Else you can only swap the ecm since the tcm is not removable. Justin or jenna can confirmn as i am still figuring this all out still too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10