Need Wire Harness Help for Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm about to buy this: Alpine iXA-W404 Digital Media Station
Model #:IXAW404 right now, but I'm not sure which harness I need to get to make it work seamlessly with my Bose system. No steering wheel controls, no HD, No Navi, just plain old Bose system.

Anybody got a link, or a part number? Eagle, any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont care about losing the warning chimes, then i would just wire it up without a harness by tapping into a ground, power, and acc power, then you can wire the speakers directly( from hu harness to the speakers wires under the center console) thats how i did mine

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all good, I figured it all out. For anyone who may need this information in the future, there are two different Bose systems that were available in this truck. The standard Bose system (mainly talking amp here), and the "premium" Bose system. Each requires a different wire harness. You can find out if your truck has the "premium" system by checking the sticker inside your glove box. If you see a "Y91", or "Y92", then you have a "premium" system, if you do not see either of those codes, then you do not need the $130 "premium" harness. You can get the $40 Scoche "GM2000" harness and retain full functionality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog