need some info on gettin more out of my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
CIA should actually be CAI or Cold air intake, PCM is Powertrain Control Module or engine/tranny computer.A CAI just involves changing you air intake assembly and ducting. PCM tuning involves evaluating variable about your vehicle systems and what you are looking to change to have your PCM reprogrammed.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cai - cold air intake, sorry for the mispelling. pcm is the computer.

4.88's and procomp 35's (probably closer to 34's now haha)

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get around 15-16 mpg mixed driving.

If i get froggy with the throttle i get around 13-14mpg.

I'd say a good tune would help your mpg #'s.

A few things you could do to shed some weight are: If you don't go on long trips you could take out your spair tire and jack.Also if you don't use your A/C much you could delete the entire system.

A/C bypass pulley,
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa.../A-C-Compressor-Bypass-Pulley/_/N-jd17lZ91tb7

Last edited:
OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
well thanks fellas!!! so how much does a tune cost to my computer and whats a good cold air intake? and where can i get it done? and with the lift kit my truck shifts wierd how can i have my shift points adjusted or can i? i like my 3.73s maybe i need 4.88s like 96s has?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Blackbear does 95s. 95s have chip in them tbichips.com is a good place to start.

OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
is there a place to tune my 95? and is there a way to adjust my shift points? it only shifts wierd when im going up hill it will downshift to third then fourth then third and fourth i kind of have to feather the pedal to keep it in third all the way up the hill...

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there a place to tune my 95? and is there a way to adjust my shift points? it only shifts wierd when im going up hill it will downshift to third then fourth then third and fourth i kind of have to feather the pedal to keep it in third all the way up the hill...

best place IMHO for your model year

http://fastchip.com/

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone with more knowledge will chime in but I'm going to say you definitely need to regear with those 35s on there. That will give him more power and should help or fix his shifting issue while going uphill shouldn't it?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, with 35's Id at least do 4.56's, then the chip, which will change shift points, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe

Latest posts