Need some help here: Aftermarket amp/sub with nav and bose on '07 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
I know this question has been posted before but for some reason I cannot find the thread. Maybe Im not using the search feature correctly...

Im trying to install my 500/1 jl amp and two jl 12"s. What exactly do I need to retain all of the factory options and keep everything working correctly?

So far, all I have purchased is a 4ga amp kit with rca's.

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
Carolina Boy

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
thanks! found one on ebay and added to my watch list. i want to make sure i have everything straight before i purchase

anything else? ...anyone?

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is a 2 channel line out converter...
here
Then take out your cup holder trim, and locate the factory sub wires... (I can check the colors that I tapped into if you cant find the info)...
Then the RCAs hook onto that...
Then it is just a matter of setting the frequencies that you wish to have "sent" to the amp to process...

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
you dont even need an loc with a 500/1. there in an input switch on the amp that reads high/low. switch it to high then cut one end of your rca off. connect the center conductor of ea rca to the + spkr wire and connect the out conductor to the -. jl amps have balanced line in. so you can use speaker wires just like rcas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo