Need opinions and advice on 2010 Tahoe interior colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HughSeagraves

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a 2010 Tahoe and thinking about whether I want to get one with a lighter interior or a darker interior.

Example of lighter interior (you'll have to select the interior photos): http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...tml?listingId=350821138&listingIndex=22&Log=0

Example of darker interior: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...html?listingId=362452559&listingIndex=9&Log=0

I have a 1999 Tahoe now with a lighter (beige) interior and I keep thinking that it would be nice to have an SUV with a darker interior because it wouldn't look as dirty between cleanings. Am I wrong about that? (I'm a city/suburban driver almost exclusively.)

Also, I'm in Texas where it can get very hot in the summer. Are there any issues with either the lighter or darker interior in that regard?

TIA

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the lighter interior more since it makes the interior lighter, even with black windows. For most people it's personal preference though

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just picked up a 2010 Tahoe. It has the black interior, and _everything_ seems to disappear in the thing. Even sitting in the driveway in the daytime, I have to carry a flash light with me when working in the interior of the truck. I would have preferred the dark gray interior we got in our '02 2500HD, but I didn't have the option of ordering the interior color.

Dark colors make NO difference in interior temps in the summer in Texas. White will be just as hot as black. I would opt for fabric, as opposed to leather/pleather/vinyl, though, for the seating surfaces. That WILL make a difference, especially hopping in the truck with shorts on.

Last edited:

Doverpoint

Reaction score
I have had both tan and gray interiors. I like the tan better because it makes the cabin feel roomier. Gray and even worse, black, make you feel like you are in a dark cave. The advantage of dark colors are that you are not as distracted with the interior and my sensation was that during daytime I was more aware of what was happening outside the vehicle. To me, the ultimate color combination is white exterior (hides scratches, dirt better, plus makes you look bigger to other cars) with a tan interior.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love a black or dark grey interior.

I love the cave like feeling. I really don't prefer a light color interior though I have it in the Suburban.

Also light colors without tint make me feel like a ferret in a observation box.