Need Ideas for front suspension on springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have an 07 Avalanche with either 2 or 3" drop springs in the front with stock struts and 1/2" lift spacer. What options do I have to improve the ride? It is only in the front that I am concerned with, but I would like to get some shock extenderes for the rear since I dont have them now with the drop springs.
My drop measured from the hub to the bottom of the fender is 18 1/2" F and 20" R.

I was thinking DJM 2" lower Control Arm or BT 2" Drop spindles both with stock springs which I am looking for now if anyone has a front set for sale.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok I have an 07 Avalanche with either 2 or 3" drop springs in the front with stock struts and 1/2" lift spacer. What options do I have to improve the ride? It is only in the front that I am concerned with, but I would like to get some shock extenderes for the rear since I dont have them now with the drop springs.
My drop measured from the hub to the bottom of the fender is 18 1/2" F and 20" R.

I was thinking DJM 2" lower Control Arm or BT 2" Drop spindles both with stock springs which I am looking for now if anyone has a front set for sale.

ok so you want to keep it same height it is now?

Do you have the stock springs around still?

do you want to bring the rear down more?

OP
OP
L

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so you want to keep it same height it is now?

Do you have the stock springs around still?

do you want to bring the rear down more?

I would like to keep it at the height it is at now. I do not have the stock springs but looking for a set. The rear is at a decent height. Here is a pic of my truck. 5921223760_bd08aac47f_z.jpg

OP
OP
L

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I replaced my upper control arms and now the truck rides alot better, still bounces but not as bad.