Need help with taking out headliner for a starlight roof project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey yall I'm preparing to do a crazy starlight roof project for my 2007 Yukon xl over 1800 fiber optic lights are going to go into it. But the hardest part is going to be taking out the headliner. So has anyone done this before? I've been looking into this on youtube and I've found zero videos on 2007 Yukon the only before or after models. So if anyone else has taken theres out or have a video please send the link or explain it, it would be so helpful! I will be sure to send pictures of the final product! any tips are welcome!
there are some pics below of what it's going to look like, the headliner in the picture is black,IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1853.jpg IMG_1854.jpg IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1853.jpg IMG_1854.jpg IMG_1852.jpg mine is tan.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coll project. Should be the same procedure for any Yukon between 2007-2014.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
hey yall I'm preparing to do a crazy starlight roof project for my 2007 Yukon xl over 1800 fiber optic lights are going to go into it. But the hardest part is going to be taking out the headliner. So has anyone done this before? I've been looking into this on youtube and I've found zero videos on 2007 Yukon the only before or after models. So if anyone else has taken theres out or have a video please send the link or explain it, it would be so helpful! I will be sure to send pictures of the final product! any tips are welcome!
there are some pics below of what it's going to look like, the headliner in the picture is black,View attachment 275770 View attachment 275771 View attachment 275772 View attachment 275770 View attachment 275771 View attachment 275772 View attachment 275770 mine is tan.

When I get time later I can check out my Haynes manual for you and reiterate it for you.

I’m sure first order of business is prying out all the lights, HVAC temp sensors, etc and disconnecting electrical to all of that.

JamieNick143

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there are some pics below of what it's going to look like, the headliner in the picture is black,View attachment 275770 View attachment 275771 View attachment 275772 View attachment 275770 View attachment 275771 View attachment 275772 View attachment 275770 mine is tan.
I'm doing this same project right now in a2014 Chevy Tahoe ppv 1800 lights is very ambitious, I only got 400 do you think I'm going to need more?

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I pulled mine when I installed insulation in my roof 2 years ago so I may not remember everything..

Disconnect the battery, if memory serves me there may be some hot wires that could arc out...

It is a lot of work, you actually need to start by taking all the side panels, door seals, door post covers, front window trim pieces. Remove the lights and remove the screws holding the headliner in place. Remove seat belt guides, rear AC ducting plastic trims around rear hatch and rear windows.

After all this is out you will be able to start prying the plastic retainers that are still holding the headliner in.

I didn't pull mine all the way out I just dropped it down far enough so I could install 13mm insulation and a lot of metal ducting tape to all openings.

I think all total it took me around 4 hours to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons