Need Help With Stabiltrak prolem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4play

Reaction score
I brought my '07 tahoe into the dealer. (NIGHTMARE!!!) the complaint is that the stabiltrack button was not lighting up when pressed. They checked their computer and it shows it is working. So why is it not lighting up????? It has been out for awhile, so my question to the group is When pressing the button it is supposed to light up, but is there anything that lights up on the instrument cluster. I believe there should be some sort of idiot light. Please Help, so I can educate my dealer's service department.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, when the button is pushed the orange traction control/stabilitrack light should light up on the dash, and you should get a message - something like "traction control/stabilitrack off" message on the DIC.

At least that is what I think remembering happening the last time I pushed my button...

Hope that helps! Good luck!!

OP
OP
4x4play

4x4play

Reaction score
That's what I thought was what happened. They are telling me it is working but why do I not see that info????

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought was what happened. They are telling me it is working but why do I not see that info????

Maybe that's the question you should be asking your service department. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the stabilitrack/traction control system, but rather the communication with the DIC.

I do not know much about this kind of stuff other then it is suppose to work, and when it doesn't I know something is wrong. However, I have come to learn that with any service department sometimes you just have to ask the right questions for something to get done.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should definitely light up to let you know that it's disabled... Like others have mentioned, perhaps the communication to the DIC is faulty, or there is a bulb in the cluster that needs replaced. I'm really not sure of the construction of the cluster and what kind of bulbs they use.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x4play,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at your dealership. I agree with the other users. I encourage you to have your DIC checked to confirm if that is indeed the issue.

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881