Need Help with my 1996 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be i suppose.. in my experience with dicker'd cats it sets an efficiency code on the down stream o2. Does your ses light flash sometimes? That indicates a rich condition that is damaging the catalyst. But smelling raw gas in the upper intake is in indicator of bad injector, technically the only thing that should be going through their is Air and exhaust gas.

OP
OP
bell5606

bell5606

Reaction score
Could be i suppose.. in my experience with dicker'd cats it sets an efficiency code on the down stream o2. Does your ses light flash sometimes? That indicates a rich condition that is damaging the catalyst. But smelling raw gas in the upper intake is in indicator of bad injector, technically the only thing that should be going through their is Air and exhaust gas.
No my check engine light was flashing but ever sense I changed the fuel pressure regulator it has not came back on.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I would check out the poppets 2. the shaking and misfiring defiantly sound like it may be time to upgrade to the spider..... have you ever had the dizzy out? how was the gear on the bottom? 5.7s are bad on that gear. a bad one will cause all kinds of spark/fuel problems

OP
OP
bell5606

bell5606

Reaction score
Sorry i dont know what the poppets 2 is and I don't know what dizzy out is.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Sorry i dont know what the poppets 2 is and I don't know what dizzy out is.

lol sorry - poppets are the poppet valves on the orj style spyder injectors. the orjinal ones wear over time and start to malfunction. the upgraded one has actual injectors on every cylinder

dizzy is slang for distributor

OP
OP
bell5606

bell5606

Reaction score
lol sorry - poppets are the poppet valves on the orj style spyder injectors. the orjinal ones wear over time and start to malfunction. the upgraded one has actual injectors on every cylinder

dizzy is slang for distributor
Oh ok no I havent had a chance to take a look at the poppets I am just going to change out the whole things this weekend and the dizzy lol yea I have seen the gears and they look fine.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh ok no I havent had a chance to take a look at the poppets I am just going to change out the whole things this weekend and the dizzy lol yea I have seen the gears and they look fine.

ok man, hope that gets it back going

shoredune

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Read the fuel pressure as you're cranking it. I had that same issue and it was my fuel pump. Also try banging the gas tank as someone cranks it. If it tries to start, or starts, it's the fuel pump.

could be fuel pump and just because it's only a year old means nothing depending on brand you used, like airtex stink and fail quite often I only use Delphi or Delco. check your fuel pressure it's usually in the 50's on that truck if its low the spider won't fuction properly.

OP
OP
bell5606

bell5606

Reaction score
could be fuel pump and just because it's only a year old means nothing depending on brand you used, like airtex stink and fail quite often I only use Delphi or Delco. check your fuel pressure it's usually in the 50's on that truck if its low the spider won't fuction properly.
Yea I have already checked the fuel pressure and its all good.