Need help with 2 issues. Blend door actuator and parasitic battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Blend door issue fixed

2. Battery is dying every day and I cant find out why. I have connected the battery to my multimeter and its 14 volts car on. Turning the car off it will either drain to 12.7v and stay there, or drain to around 10v and will need to be jumped. To check parasitic draw I've removed the negative cable, and connected my multimeter negative lead to the cable and ground lead to the battery peg. Im getting a reading of zero for Milliamps and amps.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the dome light turn off correctly? Do you have an aftermarket alarm? Does this happen if you leave it unlocked overnight?

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the dome light turn off correctly? Do you have an aftermarket alarm? Does this happen if you leave it unlocked overnight?
I make sure all sights are off every time. It does have a viper alarm, I bought the car about a month ago and it came with it.

I have never left my car unlocked overnight either, apartment parking lot.

Do you think the alarm is the issue?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
We see on here time and time again that aftermarket alarms cause the draw over time. Not saying for sure yours is but............

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re getting zero milliamps when you connect your meter in series, why do you think you have a parasitic draw as opposed to, say, a bad battery?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, surprising that if the meter is set up and hooked up correctly, there should be a small amount of draw showing for keep alive memory in some of the systems. Like the clock......

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bridge your DMM over the fuse contacts for whatever is powering the Viper alarm when the car is in full off (key out, door open, waiting for things to shut down). Obviously need to remove the fuse to do so.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To check parasitic draw I've removed the negative cable, and connected my multimeter negative lead to the cable and ground lead to the battery peg. Im getting a reading of zero for Milliamps and amps.

To confirm your multimeter is setup/reading properly, turn on a small current draw such as the radio or dome light.

FYI- A co-worker had an avalanche that was draining the battery every couple of days. It turned out to be the re-circulation fan was stuck on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442