Need Help W/ picking a brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILLIE0319

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for a brush guard/push bumper for my 2002 Tahoe LT with 4X4 and 5.3 V8. I need one that I can KEEP the tow hooks. We use this for a service truck (tow company, and are looking for something that we can push cars on occasion or take off the road and keep the front end protected from branches and such. Our budget is around $300. Thank you very much in advance!

PXL_20201220_062934308.jpg PXL_20201220_062946410.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not much help here but others will chime in. Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i suggest finding a local metal fab shop and getting a quote from them. alot of the front gaurds are more for decoration than function and even then they still aren't designed to push a car with. for a real premade one your probably pushing the limit on 300 bucks. a local metal fab shop can probably make you something sturdier plus give it provisions to mount a front winch.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I have seen a bunch of these over the years on police vehicles. Where do they all go when the vehicles are retired? There’s got to be recycling yards full of them somewhere. Looking under the front frame on my SSV I’m pretty sure it had something on the front but it was removed before I bought it.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a bunch of these over the years on police vehicles. Where do they all go when the vehicles are retired? There’s got to be recycling yards full of them somewhere. Looking under the front frame on my SSV I’m pretty sure it had something on the front but it was removed before I bought it.
sadly alot of that stuff probably just ends up going for scrap metal if its been removed or sold at public auctions like most state items. some of them also get left on the trucks when they are sold.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always contact your local police and ask them what happens. I know it seems silly, but I am sure brush guards are no police secrets. :)

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye out at your local upullit. They usually list new inventory.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others on the police push bumpers. I know you want to keep your front hooks but most, if not all, push bumpers have a pole running across the bottom of the push bumper. So you could just wrap straps around that pole and accomplish the same things as the hooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645