Need help rear speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06flex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that tomorrow or this weekend. I'll pull the new cd player and look for this pink wire. Thanks for your help and patience with me on this.

06flex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright these are my findings.
1. I plugged factory radio back in to verify that the rear door speakers worked with it and they do work with factory radio.
2. I see the pink wire on the factory harness and noticed that the wiring harness with the new head unit does not have a wire to support this.

So my questions are as follow.
1. Is the factory amp located under the carpet?
2. If so how do you get just that section of carpet up or am I going to have to take up all the trim panels on the floor around it. ( if this would have been my jeep the carpet comes out very easy)
3. Once I get to the amp what do I do next? Can my new head unit power it or am I going to have to get another amp and wire it to the rca's on the head unit and run it a separate ing.power wire. (if this is the case I will just replace with better speakers at the same time.)
4. Could I simply unplug the speakers going to the amp and the wires going from the HU to the amp and wire those together to make them work or does it not work like that?
Thanks in advance.

06flex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok may have had a small break through (maybe). I found a wire unused on the new HU labeled "system remote control". At first I thought that this had to do with the remote that came with the HU but after reading the manual that came with it ( amazing what reading the manual can do) I am thinking that it might be used to control an amp. So my new question is can I wire that remote wire to the factory harness and make the factory amp work?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If that "system remote control" is active anytime the HU is actively on and running hook it up to the pink wire and you should be good.

To be sure give me the make and model of HU so I can look at wiring for you because that wire could be for some other function. At worst case who up the pink to the switched power wire from the dash to radio and it will be on when the igtion switch is on and hope the that that there is no noise in circuit when you actually turn off radio manually.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

The amp might be under the carpet under the seat so you could carefully cut the carpet around it in a flap style.

06flex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I hooked the pink wire from the harness to the remote wire and all is working now. I even used one of the unused wire on the harness I bought(labeled dash light) un pluged it and moved it in the harness to line up with the pink amp wire and did not even have to cut into the factory harness. Thanks again for all your help. Oh yeah it was just a cheap pioneer DEH-1300MP. I just wanted to be able to listen to pandora from my phone and need an aux port. Lot cheaper than going with a fm modulator. Thanks again

Last edited:

rushtk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can someone tell me the positive and negative wire colors for the roof speakers plz. I am putting 6x9's up there and need my polarity right. Thanks... and my amp was under the dash.

Reaction score
can someone tell me the positive and negative wire colors for the roof speakers plz. I am putting 6x9's up there and need my polarity right. Thanks... and my amp was under the dash.

I just did the same upgrade to mine. Passanger side is blue + light blue -. Drivers side is brown + yellow -.

StrmStlkr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know how the rear roof speakers are powered if there isn’t an amp present?

I’m assuming they are ran parallel off the rear door speakers but want to confirm. If so, anyone know where the splice is typically at?

I just replaced the head unit and front/read door speakers and everything sounded fine. I got some replacement rear roof speakers and hooked them up and everything sounds fine at lower levels. When I turn it up though it starts to sound distorted. Before, with the factory speakers in the same configuration, it sounded fine.

I’m thinking I’ve trying to power too much now off the aftermarket head unit and need to add an amplifier to the system. Before tackling that really looking to understand how it’s currently wired.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Macks2DrTahoe

Reaction score
Anyone know how the rear roof speakers are powered if there isn’t an amp present?

I’m assuming they are ran parallel off the rear door speakers but want to confirm. If so, anyone know where the splice is typically at?

I just replaced the head unit and front/read door speakers and everything sounded fine. I got some replacement rear roof speakers and hooked them up and everything sounds fine at lower levels. When I turn it up though it starts to sound distorted. Before, with the factory speakers in the same configuration, it sounded fine.

I’m thinking I’ve trying to power too much now off the aftermarket head unit and need to add an amplifier to the system. Before tackling that really looking to understand how it’s currently wired.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

What year and trim level is your vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep