Need help.... Please!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad grounds do weird things as a load will try to pull from the least resistance, and when that's note straight to ground, and can pull thru all kinds of other stuff.

you'll see it with trailer wiring a lot, bad ground and you'll hit the brakes and lights on the dash can some on like wtf.

both battery cables and check if you can find the ground strap. I don't remember exactly where they are on these trucks. usually back of the block to firewall or side of the block to frame somewhere. clean them all, Dielectric grease and tighten.

OP
OP
travo87

travo87

Reaction score
I second the motion for attention to the battery cables. This vintage of cable, in particular the dual layer positive terminal is a known culprit at this age.
There isn't any corrosion at any connections nor is there any voltage drop to any the the connections except to the fuse block under the hood but I got code 54 so imma change the relay and see if that fixes it but my relay read 80 ohms so

OP
OP
travo87

travo87

Reaction score
PDF copies of the GM service manuals can be downloaded here:

Thank you for that this thing is a big big help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork