Need help on a 2007 Chevy Tahoe fuel injector replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
What caused the damage to the spark plug?? There is nothing normal about it. Detonation could do that, but I've only seen that happen, on high hp racing nitrous or blower engines when they got too lean.
Great question. My wife is the primary driver. Therefore, who could ever know?

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing what it was that fixed your issue.

This is a perfect example where getting a DTC code is simply the first step in solving the problem as it only shows the symptom that the vehicle is seeing. AutoZone is very good at helping people see what codes are causing their Check Engine Light to come on and what some “common causes” might be, but they don’t always do a very good job of stepping people through the process of seeing what is actually the cause is and what part or parts are bad. The code is simply one clue and helps point you in a general direction, but basic diagnostic methods will be what finds the actual cause.

in this case it went from thinking a new injector was needed to finding out it was simply a bad spark plug.
I agree with regard to AutoZone. I wonder if they don’t steer people in a direction so they are able to sell more parts.

once when I had nothing when I turned over the key on a Jeep after replacing the plugs 20 minutes before and it was running like a champ, with power at the battery, power at the solenoid at the starter, but suddenly nothing, I bought all three parts in the steering column; a starter, a lock cylinder, and an actuator. Started with the actuator. That was it, so I just returned the other parts. I had good forum help on that one too. Great help here. Thanks to all!

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
Check engine light back on. All 8 plugs replaced. What’s next? O2 sensors?
6A79A27E-6183-49FB-878C-71BE04BC8D37.jpeg

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
Double check all your work. Make sure plug wires are fully engaged and you have dielectric grease on each end.

Also, get a new read out of codes.
I did put dielectric grease on each spark plug tip at the boot. Initially no check engine light. 2days later check engine light came on at startup. Will press on with getting a check on the codes. Thanks.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hopefully the cats are not effected by the misfire and contamination getting into them over the long haul. New codes will help narrow it all down. By the way, you don't feel a misfire anymore, right?

Chaslarae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The P0301 code is what I would concentrate on first. Everything else is downstream from that. Your #1 cylinder is showing a misfire and needs addressed. It could be the injector, the spark plug or the plug wire or the coil. You may also have a vacuum leak at that cylinder. How old are the plugs and wires?

Old thread but applies to my issue too and hoping you can help me. 2008 Yukon XL flex fuel. Changed the coil and the spark plug and still getting the code. Swapped the cord to see if that was the issue but it didn't move and is still say #4. Now what?

20210307_150651.jpg

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread but applies to my issue too and hoping you can help me. 2008 Yukon XL flex fuel. Changed the coil and the spark plug and still getting the code. Swapped the cord to see if that was the issue but it didn't move and is still say #4. Now what?

View attachment 272782
have you checked the compression?

are the lifters doing it's "thing"

Last edited:

Chaslarae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Not that I'm incapable, but I am "newer" to doing all this on my own, can you tell me how to do that? I've only assisted on all repairs for the last 20 years and now doing it myself.

***edit*** I just looked up how to do that and no, I don't have the tool to do so.

Last edited:

Chaslarae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

are the lifters doing it's "thing"

I tried to upload a video but it's too big. My idol is going up and down while in park and when I put it into gear the engine sounds like a drum being hit. It's running rough, my stabilization is off and check engine light blinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts