Need help - new brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001 chevy tahoe

Need help put new brakes and I had put in disc that had little rust there where chirping alot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The title of your posts only needs to be a short description , then put more info in the body! Instead of saying only "2001 Tahoe" in the body, please describe more about what you replaced and exactly what chirping you're talking about. Does it happen when driving straight, or around corners, or during braking?

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When driving put new brakes new rotors after ten minutes its starts chirping you can hear in the rear

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably your parking brake pads rubbing against the new rear rotors. If it gets louder when going around corners then it definitely is. You can either take the rears apart and adjust the parking brakes so they don't rub or wait a week or 2 and the squeak should go away. I chose to wait.

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some time when I turn a littel the chirping noise start then go away but the ten minutes of driveing then it won't stop keeps chirping it fills like when disc are cold only chirp when I turn a littel the go after 10 min like when disc are hot won't stop

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
424fbafc71484efb4a3391a5c35ebbca.jpg

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are those brakes bad

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/diy-tahoe-rear-brakes.13721/
Look here. A quick search showed me with pictures how to get to and adjust them. They need to be adjusted inward to allow for the smaller diameter of the new rotor, so they will stop rubbing.
As long as you lubed the slide pins and installed the ss hardware onto the calipers that the pads sit in the pads are fine.

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it's the brake shoe making noise

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely yes. Also for future reference, the staff does not like seeing someone spamming the site with 4 new threads at once. One post is good and people will reply.