Need help - new brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Am new didn't no ssorry should I replace it or what thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your rotor back off and inspect the shoe. If there is plenty of friction material left then you would just need to adjust them and be fine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI the parking brakes on these are notorious for not working and it's ridiculous that you have to go through so much to adjust them. Most of us just leave them loose so they don't squeal but they also don't actually hold when you use the parking brake. Like I said before, if you just leave them alone the noise will go away. It's probably paint on the new rotors that needs to wear away. That's what mine was.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, the parking brake shoes are not the disc brake pads, they're drum brake shoes that operate on the INSIDE of your rear rotors. The rear rotors have a drum on the backside that the parking brake shoes use. Separate than the pads. To see them you need to pull your rear rotors off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I no thanks going get brake today shoes

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also fyi, drum brakes have SHOES, disk brakes use PADS. So there is no confusion. Your rear setup uses a combo, the calipers clamp PADS on the rotors and a drum style parking brake is used (shoe) inside the rotor.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also fyi, drum brakes have SHOES, disk brakes use PADS. So there is no confusion. Your rear setup uses a combo, the calipers clamp PADS on the rotors and a drum style parking brake is used (shoe) inside the rotor.
Yes, I corrected that in my previous post! That was confusing.

OP
OP
gameover22

gameover22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bad the phone auto