need help.... buying another tahoe... HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
we traded in a completely paid off 05 denali XL for that thing... problem is, the girlfriend hates the truck and it costs us a grip for a truck she hates. I am trying to buy a private sale because it will save me thousands in taxes and shit... but i am having trouble getting third party financing on a private sale vehicle... soooooo that leaves me to either hit up a stealership to get rammed for high book value + tax OR find a truck i can buy for $9500 or less

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Damn, you've really thought this one out. When I got mine, I was kinda pressed for time. the little guy had outgrown his baby carseat and was ready to jump up to the next size and it didn't fit in the 08 avenger very well, so found the hoe, and bought it. Took kind of a hit on it, but told the old lady she's shit outta luck, she'd drivin that mofo until it's paid for.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Yea he's awfully proud of that one. My buddy that sold me the 20" rims got his 02 (05 Chevy Silverado SS Factory front sheetmetal, the ss rims, escalade smooth vents, loaded with 70k miles for 11k.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
thats about the price all the trucks are going for around here right now... If i could find something in the 11k range with that many miles... I would be super happy!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
just curious why do you say the interior was skipped on??? I think its the nicest interior gm has ever made, From the fact it does not squeak or rattle like a gmt 800 does at 10k miles, to the fact the materials are not hard pealing plastic, or that the designers used actual colors than their boring grey crayon box for interior colors. Not bashing, Just curious.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Properly changing the fluid would be a complete flush.........why would you not want to do a complete flush?

You really have to get specific with shops when you talk about tranny fluids and flushes specifically. When I think of a flush, I think of a chemical flush.

For a 155k tranny, you really have to be careful as the parts inside have been accustomed to the current fluid.

I would go for a fluid change and leave it at that. By doing a chemical flush you risk kicking up debris that might have been in the pan from over the years. Varnish, sludge etc. Often times you may be getting into a vehicle that has man multiple owners and can't confidently pinpoint IF every 30k tranny fluid was done and WHEN the tranny fluid was EVER changed or flushed. It's not a risk worth taking as the stakes are high in terms of dollar cost to fix.

The tranny flush machines they have out there still don't make me personally feel confident that all the little pieces are taken out that might be floating around. Just not a risk worth taking IMO - to each his own!

B

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
RT... they eliminated a lot of nice "small" features... the visors are ******, the lighting is ******, you cant control the rear air from the front... its all petty shit, not to mention i just dont care for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC Burbalade

Latest posts