NEED HELP Before I get this thing Towed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelaw43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lets go from the beginning - this is a 2011 Chevy Tahoe LT, not Hybrid:
1. Wife tore passenger side mirror off. I've replaced these before, so i bought one and installed it
2. Install wasn't as smooth as anticipated, so passenger side door lock doesn't work the way it should....car can be locked with FOB, but can still open door, setting off alarm
3. Theft Deterrent system begins giving us issues, and sometimes car wont start....usually wait anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours, and we're ok again. Dealer ended up resetting it on a visit, we thought issues over with.
4. I go into passenger side last Friday while car is locked, set off alarm, i quickly turn it off, unlock car, etc. Grab what I was getting out, end of story
5. Tahoe is now completely dead, immobilized, etc. Nothing turns on, no power, no engine, no nothing.

I have tried every variation of resetting the theft device, and nothing works...i unhooked battery, touched + & - together, left it unhooked for 15 minutes, tried key in door, key in ignition, and on and on.

I have an appointment but not till the 30th because reasons, and will need to have it towed. Before this happens, can anyone help me, give me a lead, anything?? Even just to get it started so i can take it somewhere and have the lock fixed. Thats 99% of what I'm thinking it is, that the theft deterrent was triggered but due to the damage or it not locking, i cant get it to reset. Also FYI, car was just in to get all engine and electrical checked out as I am driving it full time now, and all checked out good, including battery life. I had driven across 2 states and back just 1 day prior and nothing was out of ordinary, so this literally happened in the span of 10 seconds.

Please help if you can!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets go from the beginning - this is a 2011 Chevy Tahoe LT, not Hybrid:
1. Wife tore passenger side mirror off. I've replaced these before, so i bought one and installed it
2. Install wasn't as smooth as anticipated, so passenger side door lock doesn't work the way it should....car can be locked with FOB, but can still open door, setting off alarm
3. Theft Deterrent system begins giving us issues, and sometimes car wont start....usually wait anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours, and we're ok again. Dealer ended up resetting it on a visit, we thought issues over with.
4. I go into passenger side last Friday while car is locked, set off alarm, i quickly turn it off, unlock car, etc. Grab what I was getting out, end of story
5. Tahoe is now completely dead, immobilized, etc. Nothing turns on, no power, no engine, no nothing.

I have tried every variation of resetting the theft device, and nothing works...i unhooked battery, touched + & - together, left it unhooked for 15 minutes, tried key in door, key in ignition, and on and on.

I have an appointment but not till the 30th because reasons, and will need to have it towed. Before this happens, can anyone help me, give me a lead, anything?? Even just to get it started so i can take it somewhere and have the lock fixed. Thats 99% of what I'm thinking it is, that the theft deterrent was triggered but due to the damage or it not locking, i cant get it to reset. Also FYI, car was just in to get all engine and electrical checked out as I am driving it full time now, and all checked out good, including battery life. I had driven across 2 states and back just 1 day prior and nothing was out of ordinary, so this literally happened in the span of 10 seconds.

Please help if you can!

Were the gremlins present only after the mirror replacement? I'm wondering if you have a pinched wire that started out as intermittently shorting the BCM and is now a dead short, draining the battery.

robhotdog

Reaction score
Dealer Reset? Sounds like you didnt tell them about rt door lock problem. Thieft system monitors the door lock positions. NO power at all?? Battery or connections. Did you disconnect Both battery cables before touching?? If you didnt you've blown mega fuses..need a test light ...or back to dealer..I'm a retired GM tech. As complex as these are nowadays your money ahead taking it to trained professionals that have all the training and equipment to properly diagnose your problems. And lifetime parts and labor on Anything repaired

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts