Front bumper fascia lower molding removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slimenna94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y’all,

The wife just picked up a 23 tahoe, looking to change this circled chrome piece with a black one that I ordered from the dealer. Has anyone removed one of these before? If so how do I go about taking it off?

Edit* just realized I posted this in interior section instead of exterior

Attachments

• IMG_6334.jpeg
    IMG_6334.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 14

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all,

The wife just picked up a 23 tahoe, looking to change this circled chrome piece with a black one that I ordered from the dealer. Has anyone removed one of these before? If so how do I go about taking it off?

So roll it up in black vinyl film)) it will be easier and cheaper)))

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just about any of that type trim is a push on piece. Try prying at a corner and look behind it for a push in tab. If you see a gray adhesive strip it's 3M trim tape and that stuff is tough.

winny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to this website
Or ytube m&r automotive surbaban

See suburban light bar. He has videos. I did this last week installed two 40" light bars 24 Tahoe HC.

kerlyb

Reaction score
Hey y’all,

I just did this a couple of weeks ago. Get access behind the front bumper. Underneath bumper, remove all screws holding small cover. Using new trim piece as reference, look for 4 white push tabs holding the trim piece...one on each end and two in the middle. They look like these in the attached pic. Remove white push tabs and then pry the other bumper tabs to remove trim piece.

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 299648-daa175847c8c714610f058c729b033d1.jpg
    299648-daa175847c8c714610f058c729b033d1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4

kerlyb

Reaction score
Hey y’all,

I just did this a couple of weeks ago. Get access behind the front bumper. Underneath bumper, remove all screws holding small cover. Using new trim piece as reference, look for 4 white push tabs holding the trim piece...one on each end and two in the middle. They look like these in the attached pic. Remove push tabs and then pry the other bumper tabs to remove trim piece.

Same process goes for the rear bumper fascia trim piece if you decide to replace too.

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are like 20+ screws or so for that under cover part, all of them have to be removed to get access behind the bumper to remove that trim piece? Thanks! Wanted to confirm before I removed all of them ha

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are like 20+ screws or so for that under cover part, all of them have to be removed to get access behind the bumper to remove that trim piece? Thanks! Wanted to confirm before I removed all of them ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan