Need CV axle shaft replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Californian

Reaction score
So my boot ripped on my front CV axle shaft. I'm trying to find what brands are good for replacements. I have checked all the usual auto parts websites and I see a lot of brands that I have never used before. All the prices seem to be close to each other except for the AC Delco that runs 2x to 3x"s the price as the other brands. I would like to know what other brands people have been happy with so far and any feedback on them.

Thanks,

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I personally would not use anything but AC Delco or Genuine GM parts. The rest are a crap shoot for quality. There is a reason they are way less and stories here of problems with them. Do it once and be done. The original got you this far. Why not use what did that?

By the way, it would help to get year make and model to look up at other sources to compare. Is that info a secret? Are all 2007 to 2014 front axle shafts the same? Hell I don't know.

OP
OP
Californian

Californian

Reaction score
I personally would not use anything but AC Delco or Genuine GM parts. The rest are a crap shoot for quality. There is a reason they are way less and stories here of problems with them. Do it once and be done. The original got you this far. Why not use what did that?

By the way, it would help to get year make and model to look up at other sources to compare. Is that info a secret? Are all 2007 to 2014 front axle shafts the same? Hell I don't know.
yes they are the same for these years and trim models.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my boot ripped on my front CV axle shaft. I'm trying to find what brands are good for replacements. I have checked all the usual auto parts websites and I see a lot of brands that I have never used before. All the prices seem to be close to each other except for the AC Delco that runs 2x to 3x"s the price as the other brands. I would like to know what other brands people have been happy with so far and any feedback on them.

Thanks,
Around Christmas my boot tore and didn't want to spend the dough on a new ACDelco unit so I bought a Cardone Remanned axle shaft which are GM cores. 60-1430HD

I saved my old one to rebuild it later after I scrounge up the tools and this one has been doing just fine. Paid $143, Amazon or Rock Auto, can't remember.

OP
OP
Californian

Californian

Reaction score
You are correct.

I think what @MO VietVet was getting at is it is very helpful if folks know the year and model of a vehicle when trying to help out. Just takes some guess work out it.
Yes I understand that, but I was thinking it would be obvious since this site breaks the trucks down by year. But I'll at it in anyway. Its a 2010 LT 4x4.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes I understand that, but I was thinking it would be obvious since this site breaks the trucks down by year. But I'll at it in anyway. Its a 2010 LT 4x4.
Is actually best to put info in your signature so is always there. Also, please keep in mind that all 2007 to 2014 rigs may look alike but can still have changes under the skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk