need advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy831

Reaction score
so, i own my 99 yukon, and a of now, ive got my single 15 runnngs 1000 watts rms and my doors at 300 rms, im looking at adding a 15 and running 2000 watts rms, and keeping the dors at 350. i know im gonna need more juice cuz the truck can barely ande it at high volume.... so im looking at adding a battery, a good cap, and i hope theres reliable high output alternators out there. im basically looking for some direction as far as placement for te second battery, additional parts i may need, where to find these parts, and anything else you guys can think of. do my own work so labor is no issue. thanks guys.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
battery-sears
capacitor-amazon.com
alternator-how many amps do you want?

badadatude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would also recommend you do the "Big 3 Upgrade" also if you haven't done so yet. (see in tech info forum)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Also for the extra battery, there's a spot for it on the drivers side right across from the original. If you don't already have a tray there, I would check out your local recycling yard

OP
OP
chevyboy831

chevyboy831

Reaction score
imma look that up... gimme a sec

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

so.... ill be adding a direct cable from the alternator to the battery and running a parrallel ground wire while adding a block ground? and this is going to make my charging loop shorter. when i add the second battery, should i do this for that battery? so it would be a big 6? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16