Need advice on 3 tahoe/yukons for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Paying attention, @Galante? It is a recommendation/suggestion and not a requirement. Try to comprehend that. Most members can.

By the way, @S33k3r, good call about keeping the RPO sticker from old glove box.
I had to swap out my glove box when I went from a jump seat to a center console, because the parts were slightly different. I had to drill out the lower rivets and use screws to hold the parts together--but I didn't need to replace the handle itself. I think you could take that inner piece apart to replace the spring(maybe)that broke or fell off inside--behind--the handle. I hope I'm not being confusing.

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'll get on the dash first and then move to the tail lights. And don't worry, I'll have my signature updated today.
@Tonyrodz I am pretty sure I get what you mean, but I am pretty sure the handle is what is broken, the spring is still in place and the handle slaps back and forth without disengaging the latch.
I also think I may have a heater issue as well. I'll have to diagnose and test a bit more later, but it seems as if the heater is working intermittently. Not sure if it's related to the tri zone climate control or what, but I'll be trying to figure that out after I give it a good wash. It has a load of those little dots on it from sitting under a tree.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ug. Note that I am a pessimist when I offer this up: But it sounds like your rig had a climate control issue, they tried to go in through the glove box to fix it, failed to fix it, and busted the glove box in the process. I HOPE it is not that, as that is a pain to fix. It's fixable, and worth while, but a pain just the same.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Especially with the colder months coming and the wife will not like heater problems.

I apologize to @Galante for flying off the handle like I did. Old guy, get pissed easy. Sorry.

Go ahead and bust my balls about the signature recommendation. Just be ready for ball busting back.

But know this, I will recommend signature info, ALWAYS.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Updated recommendation for the signature!

We recommend, except @Galante, that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated recommendation for the signature!

We recommend, except @Galante, that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.
Can you add that to your signature? :Handshake:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No need to add that to my signature. I am trying to add the RPO code sticker pic to my signature but I did it as a link thru the Media section and I can open but other members cannot. I have reached out to the mods for help with that.

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is. The glove box handle is f$*%ed and there are some minor things to look into, but overall the chassis and engine are rock solid. Tires are so new the warranty paperwork is still in the console and not filled out. Already put over 100 miles on it after picking it up yesterday. Can honestly say I'm jealous of my wife's vehicle now.
Oh, does anybody know what these tail lights are called? One has a small crack in it and I'd like to replace it quickly.View attachment 259143 View attachment 259144 View attachment 259145

If you are replacing the tail light housings, you might as well make an upgrade while you are at it, i run these on my rigs and they are easy to install and very bright,looks very clean.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VT8C42/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Chevrolet|47&Model=Suburban 1500|497&Year=2004|2004&ie=UTF8&vehicleId=7&vehicleType=automotive

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
If you are replacing the tail light housings, you might as well make an upgrade while you are at it, i run these on my rigs and they are easy to install and very bright,looks very clean.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VT8C42/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Chevrolet|47&Model=Suburban 1500|497&Year=2004|2004&ie=UTF8&vehicleId=7&vehicleType=automotive

I actually really like those, but for now we are just trying to prevent needing to drain the tail lights everytime I wash it/rain comes so saving $70 and just getting the matching set we have will be our option.
At some point I will need to replace the front turn signals as well.

Right now, just wanna get things back to stock, returning everything to glory ya know?
The paint has all those tiny little dots from sitting under a tree, about 4 dots per square inch on the top to driver side of the body. Once I get all that sorted and cleaned, then I'll be getting tail light housings, glove box, and blinkers.
It's interesting how much larger this is than our cherokee was. I had to move all the cabinets in my garage just to make it so we didnt have to park in the street.

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
Also, has anybody ever done black chrome for the bumper and trim pieces? just curious cause I'm really thinking that would pop with the white.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae