Nav/GPS Traffic Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug_L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyway to adjust the traffic settings within the Nav? I subscribe to Sirius/XM traffic info (which is generally good, not great) but I am surprised that there are some roads where the traffic info is not shown.

As an example, I am in/around New York City. The Hutchinson River Parkway (a heavily used, multi-lane divided parkway) does not have traffic info. I am fairly certain that on my previous vehicle with same traffic info supplier I had traffic info on this road. In the unlikely event that I allow the Nav to choose my route, how can I have any confidence if one of the primary options has no traffic info (and thus would always seem to the Nav to be a good option)?

Is this a GMC issue, or Sirius/XM? Are there folks here that use the Hutch regularly and have traffic info, in which case I have a specific issue?

Thanks.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the issue is either but I have the same problem on LI. It works great on the LIE and the Grand Central, but when the Grand Central turns into the Northern State the traffic reporting just ends on the county border, making the calculated route useless because the gps with not be able to account for a road with no reporting on it? Doesn't make sense....I am assuming it is a Sirius issue as they are the provider of the real time traffic...

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think those roads would be red 24/7. :)

OP
OP
D

Doug_L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sadly Anon2015 has a point. :) Traffic around here BLOWS!

zolt11: I was pretty sure I had noticed the Northern State/Grand Central issue as well but couldn't 100% recall. I am also pretty sure my Audi had Sirius traffic info on both Grand Central AND Northern State, and that would make it a GM issue/setting.

Anybody know how/who to contact at GM?

OP
OP
D

Doug_L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet? I tried my luck with GM and also Sirius but not surprisingly each is pointing the finger at the other...

cl9988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue in Indianapolis. My 2010 had Nav with XM traffic and it was pretty good. ON this new 2015 tahoe I am not getting hardly anything on the maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenan