N-FAB Side Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to get a set of side steps tha'll work. I posted about some stock ones that I picked up but the brackets won't work on the passenger side so I bought some N-Fabs and they're complete shit to get mounted as well. I'm really just venting now but maybe someone who has experience with them can tell me what the trick is ti getting them mounted up nicely.

OP
OP
axekick

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a whiny post. Sorry about that. I just read the instructions for the first time. It turns out you mount the flange BELOW the pinch weld. I thought for sure it'd be above. I'll try again later with that knowledge and see if it works any better.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a whiny post. Sorry about that. I just read the instructions for the first time. It turns out you mount the flange BELOW the pinch weld. I thought for sure it'd be above. I'll try again later with that knowledge and see if it works any better.

LOL You read the instructions? All else hadn't had time to fail yet.

joe

OP
OP
axekick

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I know. Time is something I lack. The instructions are ****** anyway. After mounting the drivers side on my lunch break, I still think I should move the flange up over the pinch weld. It'll raise the step just enough to look right. If that works, then the process is to mount them under the pinch weld using existing holes, mark where to drill new holes in the pinch weld then mount the above the pinch weld permanently. I just can't believe that the only mount to the pinch weld. Seems kind of weak.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of N-Fabs installed on my '95 2-Door recently. I told them, before I ordered and paid, that I didn't want any drilling or welding done. They assured me the pieces were bolt-on, and that they used existing holes. The installation took less than on hour. FWIW

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6