Myself and others stumped Never seen issue before .... ever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
It’s hard to read your post so I will ask. How much lift did you end up with in the front? Could it be that when in reverse the geometry lets the tie rods pull on the knuckles causing the front to lift and the tires to toe in?
I only lifted the front enough to pick up the valence no more than 2 in. .. about the alignment so my father, a master ase and mastered ase in manufacturer specifics as well, upon asking/arguing with him explaining that no it wasn't laser aligned but by eye in driveway I assured him my toe setting was not causing this so he forced me to pull a tape and to my surprise I was 1 inch diffrent front to back of my wheels in front. So it was re adjusted and set to 1/4 inch overall thus leaving the toe 1/8 to 1/16th toed inwards. After correcting it it still had the cave in reverse. I'm am about to update the photos and video here in a few

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What happens if you lower the front back to where it was? I think it has to do with the geometry change when lifted, IMO only.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is most likely not the source of your issue, but I believe that an alignment using an alignment machine will bring your wheels into much better true alignment than anything that you can do using tape.

I believe that there was another similar post on this Forum within the past 30 days with a similar issue, and I do not believe that it was resolved.

OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
This is most likely not the source of your issue, but I believe that an alignment using an alignment machine will bring your wheels into much better true alignment than anything that you can do using tape.

I believe that there was another similar post on this Forum within the past 30 days with a similar issue, and I do not believe that it was resolved.
It's been to 2 diffrent shops a total of 6 times ....

OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
Swap tires front to rear, does the vibration move?

@PNW VietVet - Great minds think alike!
Vibration was caused from belts separating.... brand new tires on 22s in rear front have 20s that were brand new just a few months ago I am not putting the front on until I can figure this out on issue I have is when in reverse the wheels cave in

OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
If you swap tires, front to rear, does it still do it?
I won't put the new 22s on the front until I can figure and fix this issue. I highly doubt that is wheel size or difference causing this. This has apparently been an issue since before getting it from my brother

OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
What happens if you lower the front back to where it was? I think it has to do with the geometry change when lifted, IMO only.
It was doing it before the small change in height and IMHO I belive it was worse lower. That and the bumper would damn near drag the ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094