MyLink Android Auto update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewder

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new to me 2017 Tahoe LS. The first few months my Galaxy S10 phone could be connected via USB cable to use Android Auto.. Worked great. Recently though, I now get an "error 8" on my Galaxy when I connect it via USB. I assume some new Android update was installed on my phone as "Error 8" is related to some type of security issue.

Any suggestions for me?

//Brew

OP
OP
B

Brewder

Reaction score
So I learned a bit more about Android Auto.. basically, there's nothing in the head-unit to really update... All updates happen on the phone. I'm guessing the issue is corruption on my phone or the USB cable.. I cleared all my cache on my phone and will test again later today..

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that doesn't work I'd suggest un-pairing the phone from the head unit (and clearing any saved phones there) then re-pairing it after rebooting the phone and restarting the truck.

OP
OP
B

Brewder

Reaction score
So I learned a bit more about Android Auto.. basically, there's nothing in the head-unit to really update... All updates happen on the phone. I'm guessing the issue is corruption on my phone or the USB cable.. I cleared all my cache on my phone and will test again later today..
OK I feel dumb... Apparently when I changed the battery in my 'hoe, it lost the date... The date was 9 years off.. I fixed the date in MyLink head unit... turned the truck on/off, and now Android Auto works once again like a charm. :)

markni12301

Reaction score
OK I feel dumb... Apparently when I changed the battery in my 'hoe, it lost the date... The date was 9 years off.. I fixed the date in MyLink head unit... turned the truck on/off, and now Android Auto works once again like a charm. :)
An honest soul! Oh and we all have never done anything dumb...haha, right?
Thanks for the update! This is good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26