MY22 Tahoe Airbag Restraint system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAA09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello members,
Fairly new here and wanted to share my experience and see if others may have come across a similar issue. (Tried to do a search on the forum but didn't find anything quite as close to my issue.) I leased a 22 Tahoe LS towards the end of 11/2021. The very next day, saw a number of warning messages on the cluster upon power on and also a distinct burning smell after I parked.

Drove it for about 100 or so miles over the next week at dealer's guidance to see if it "resets". After not clearing itself, I dropped off at the dealer and they found that the overhead console had an electrical issue which also triggered the service airbag system message. the dome lights stopped working as well and its possible the airbags may not deploy.

After multiple calls to CAC and dealer, its still with the dealer. Parts are back logged and no ETA.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks in advance for feedback or guidance on alternate steps to resolution.

Eek001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello members,
Fairly new here and wanted to share my experience and see if others may have come across a similar issue. (Tried to do a search on the forum but didn't find anything quite as close to my issue.) I leased a 22 Tahoe LS towards the end of 11/2021. The very next day, saw a number of warning messages on the cluster upon power on and also a distinct burning smell after I parked.

Drove it for about 100 or so miles over the next week at dealer's guidance to see if it "resets". After not clearing itself, I dropped off at the dealer and they found that the overhead console had an electrical issue which also triggered the service airbag system message. the dome lights stopped working as well and its possible the airbags may not deploy.

After multiple calls to CAC and dealer, its still with the dealer. Parts are back logged and no ETA.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks in advance for feedback or guidance on alternate steps to resolution.
I have the same issue on my 2022 Yukon AT4. It started 3 weeks after I purchased it brand new: "Service Safety Restraint System" message and airbag light came on, none of the overhead lights work, sunroof does not work, and any button on the overhead console is nonfunctional. It has been 2 months that I have been waiting on the part to get it fixed. So basically I have to just drive it around like that as they have no loaners. I contacted GM and opened a case with them about how it was a safety issue, but they didnt care. I've also read on several Facebook groups that other people are having the same issue and have yet to have their's fixed as well.

It is extremely frustrating.

OP
OP
A

AAA09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2022 Yukon AT4. It started 3 weeks after I purchased it brand new: "Service Safety Restraint System" message and airbag light came on, none of the overhead lights work, sunroof does not work, and any button on the overhead console is nonfunctional. It has been 2 months that I have been waiting on the part to get it fixed. So basically I have to just drive it around like that as they have no loaners. I contacted GM and opened a case with them about how it was a safety issue, but they didnt care. I've also read on several Facebook groups that other people are having the same issue and have yet to have their's fixed as well.

Thanks, glad to hear this is not an isolated issue. You could ask for a rental vehicle (hertz, enterprise) if you haven't considered it. GM is paying for my rental.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stuck in same boat with my 21. No ETA on parts, have called all around the country, the part we need is nonexistent. I have found a few parts and they won't part with them. Lots of vehicles sidelined because of parts. Gotta be expensive for GM, not to mention 30+ day out of service opens them up to lemon law issues...

Eek001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealership finally spoke with GM and they have agreed to pay for a rental from Enterprise. I did file a complaint with NHTSA as this is a significant safety hazard and GM seems to be in no rush to fix the issue.

JenD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Hello! Checking in to see if you have had any resolution to this. I have the same issue. Safety restraint message and nothing in upper console works. Sunroof, lift gate etc. the dealer already replaced my overhead console. Came back in 48 hours. I think it has something to do with the seat wiring but haven’t found anyone mentioning the service safety restraint warning AND the upper console not working. Hope yours has been fixed!

ESmall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same exact issue here! Searched on google to see if anyone else was having the same issue! It’s so frustrating! My 2022 Tahoe Z71 was purchased at the end of March and the problems started at the end of April. Been to the dealership for a total of 5 times now and they can’t figure out what is wrong with it. GM has 2 open cases on my Tahoe. They really need to get it together, sucks paying so much for a vehicle to have lights on the dash, no over head lights work and not being able to open the sunroof or having to force the trunk to close.

Salty821

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any update to this thread? I just got a 23 Yukon AT4 and 3 weeks in and airbag light started coming on randomly when driving. Everything else is working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout