My Truck Arrived (2022 Suburban RST 6.2) and a question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week was a sad day when my 2004 Tahoe died (either trans or transfer case) at 235,755 miles on I-81 near Scranton. I had bought it brand new but it had terminal cancer and wasn't going to pass inspection, so back in October I ordered one of the first 2022's and it showed up yesterday. RST with two options, sunroof and 6.2. I am very happy.

I have a question though. There is a paint bubble on the tailgate. Salesman says "factory imperfection not much we can do." What do you all think of this? (2nd pic)

truck.jpgpaint.jpg

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 Tahoe as well, and love it to death. But like yours it's already on 2nd engine and I know more will fail eventually. I've got a new Z71 coming any day, too.

My 2c for that paint bubble is its going to be your first rust spot in a few years. Gotta get it fixed now, or your tail will be rusty.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was mine I would try to shake em down for a little cash as opposed to get that fixed. I have very low confidence in a body shop being able to perfectly match that brand new paint and have it blend flawlessly. We have a yukon the same color and it got a very minor scratch when nearly brand new and even the body shop said the repair would be much more noticeable than the actual scratch

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My condolences for your 2004. RIP (I still miss my 1997 Yukon.)

Congratulations on your new ride. You will certainly be happy with it.

I cannot personally help you with your paint bubble question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Gate is aluminum, it wont be rusting. As for matching, it should be fine. there is no direct adjacent panel for it to perfectly match to, so no blending needed. If the shop is good, it should be a non issue. I would either haggle them for some money (or accessories) and leave it alone, or have them fix it.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said ^^^. Definately would ask for something in return from dealer. Doubt there would be rust.

I wouldn't worry about the bubble and congrats on the new ride. Bummer on the 04, curious if your are keeping it and if you’ve gotten quotes on how much to repair. Last i checked current 5.3’s are not expensive.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize it was aluminum. That's good to hear!

Some of the body panels are not though, how do you know which one is which?

OP
OP
T

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Was hoping for a consensus but I think in the end it’s going to bug me and I am going to contact GM. The dealer said I would be awarded a bunch of points under a new program that I could use on things like all weather floor mats etc. but that I had to download the mychevrolet app and then call GM to have them add the points. I’ll try Monday and report back on that.

The dealer here in Philly was great. I paid msrp and got the roof bars thrown in. Pm me if you would like his name.

As for the truck the first 24 hours are really great. It’s a truck version of my SS red stitching, selectable suspension mode, 6.2 anger all in a truck. It has some nice suprise features and isn’t annoying tech or complicated. And it really goes. I accidentally got to 92 coming onto the highway with the pedal 3/5 down. It’s going to be an adjustment.

OP
OP
T

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I forgot to mention I did not keep the 2004. I sold it to the wrecker for $500 and a ride home from Scranton. I had a vision of saving the 5.3 and maybe swapping it into my ‘98 or putting it in an 18 donzi so my truck could live on some way but it wasn’t meant to be. It drove beautifully to the minute it died.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts