My Interior Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Reaction score
I replaced my carpet with a dark gray to match the titanium and added an Alpine INE-Z928HD. I am waiting on a the wire harness for the back up cam(doink),the usb plug, and my 15" tview monitor before i snap the trim ring into place in the dash. carpet is done, the glue is drying on the second row seat covers right now. I am also going to order the wood grain steering wheel to finish off the front, i called the place last week but never heard back... I have to finish off the amp and sub install but that wont take much. anyway here are some pics

WP_20130921_17_25_13_Pro.gif
WP_20130921_17_26_16_Pro.gif

WP_20130921_17_26_48_Pro.gif
WP_20130921_17_27_49_Pro.gif

the carpet came out good, i didnt get the mass backing which i wish i would have the carpet i pulled out had it on there. it sounds good driving down the road

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That actually looks really good ... well done. :waytogo:

OP
OP
O

OklaHemi

Reaction score
thanks, there are 2 places that dont lie down like they should but it isnt that bad. I am hoping it will settle over a couple of days, if not i may break out the heat gun. the carpet was molded but the rolled up like a burrito then stuffed into a tiny box with the pad and all the other pieces. i think the mass backing would have helped it hold form a little better. the only reason i didnt get it was because it said it had an oem backing so i thought it would be comparable but no. i love the color, it really looks good against the light trim and matches the color of the dash almost perfectly

OP
OP
O

OklaHemi

Reaction score
i ordered it from automotive interiors, but i would suggest shopping around, there were others that had the mass backing option for cheaper. the oem carpet in the tahoes has the backing option. you will have to remove the trim pieces from the rear cargo area that the 3rd row seats sit on top of. My local dealership told me that they were only available on the rear carpet from them, i couldnt order them alone. then they quoted me over 400.00 just fro the rear piece alone. im sure you could find a cheaper oem option online and order a darker oem color, that may be molded better and shipped better to look and fit better.

OP
OP
O

OklaHemi

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, it's my wife's DD and she loves it so thats great. I hope the pieces I need to finish the stero come in tomorrow so I can put it back together.

bigmiker21

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was the stereo install? You get to retain the factory trim piece? I've been looking for something that i can still use my steering controls and i want to add blue tooth since mine doesn't have it.

OP
OP
O

OklaHemi

Reaction score
the stereo install was pretty straight forward with this unit. i had to get the alpine perfect fit kit for the 8" screen and it also came with a plug and play harness all the way down to the steering wheel controls. but any other double din would have used the factory trim.
I installed the ine-s920hd in my 370z and with the pac steering wheel adapter i retained all the steering wheel controls, i manually programmed it to make it work the way i wanted but it does have an auto detect mode for most vehicles. Both units had blue tooth and i ran both mics to the factory loction with no problems. I also ran the gps antennas to the stock location so its under the dash out of sight.

My Z install was my first attempt at a fully loaded double din and it came out perfect with some patience and preperation. On the tahoe I forgot to get the rear camera adapter and was late to order the rear overhead replacement(should be here tomorrow) so its not all put back together. I didnt want to pull the trim ring off and on, its a little scary and the one from alpine cost 500.00. so hopefully tomorrow night or tuesdy it will all be together.

here is the new overhead

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Concept...D-player-/360743903725?_trksid=p2054897.l4275