My grill is loose...how do I tighten it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
My grill is rattling around and quite loose and I have no clue how to tighten it back up. How the heck do you get at the attachment points??

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the part of the grille that goes around the lights has a clip in either side that snaps into the side. Also there are a few bolts on top at the front when you pop the hood.

Location of clips:
a6cd0b9a-8a2a-f21f.jpg

Bolts are under this cover:
a6cd0b9a-8aae-aa49.jpg

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure of your year... This would be for 00-06... Don't know if Denali would be different.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
try youtube buddy its ur freind. Just look up how to remove the grille and just tighteb it up from there

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a clip on each side of the grille assembly by the headlight as shown in the pictures. There are also 2 screws on the bottom of the grille-one on each side--push your bumper cover down just a tad and you can see them or use a flashlight. There are also upper mounting points as well underneath that radiator cover. If your insert itself is loose....don't know what to tell ya as I believe it is held in with multiple tabs around the grille shell...

-J

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's held in by six mounting points as Jason said. 4 screw type tabs around the "center" grille and two on the far end by the turns/DRLs that clip into the frame. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver

f0650c89.jpg
32b62428.jpg

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks....those pics tell the story. I'll check it out more tomorrow. Sounds more like it's rattling near the bottom than the top.

As for Youtube: I'm an old fart and don't even think of looking on there for anything useful. I blame my 18-year old and his freakin' obsession with watching youtube videos of other people playing video games....(rolling eyes)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz