My Drop Experience - 5 Months Later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you truck is beutiful!!! I wish I had bought TBSS wheels now..

I have a question on the bump stop deal. Are you guys completly removin the front bump stops and the bracket? My bump stops are completly worn out and Im wondering shold I replace them or remove them? I only have keys. It sits lik I want it to but the ride up front is harsh. The bolts on the keys are screwed all the way in. Should I replace the bump stops and unsrew (soften) them? LMK. I just put the kit on today (Eibach keys and springs).

Kev:Handshake:

The rear bump stops on a NNBS is what the conversation is referring to. One reason your truck rides like a tank? "Eibach" sorry bro, junk springs. Keys are no different then any other but by no means meant to provide a smooth ride. How about some pics of the bump stops and the clearance you have?

Trackrat

Reaction score
The rear bump stops on a NNBS is what the conversation is referring to. One reason your truck rides like a tank? "Eibach" sorry bro, junk springs. Keys are no different then any other but by no means meant to provide a smooth ride. How about some pics of the bump stops and the clearance you have?

I did a little researching and found this article:
http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/0307tr_belltech_suv_lowering_kit/index.html

I thought this is what they where talking about.

Anyway..my rear is fine. It does not bother me like the front does. I have the rear bump stops trimmed like the instructions say with shock extenders and it feel good. The front my bump stops are worn pretty bad and they dont even touch the lower control arm. I have the key bolts tightened all the way. I think this is my issue after reading multiple post. I just was woundering which is better. removing the fractory bump stops up front and putting the small poly stops on or using the z71 stops and loosening the torsion bars. Which one rides better?

thanks for the reply... i will take some pics of what im talking about after church.

Thanks again!

Kev

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'm running the longer z71 tahoe bumpstops up front and, though the ride is a bit firm, I prefer them over removing the stop entirely or running a lower profile stop up front just because of the way I drive.

Just for the record I think eibach makes fantastic springs and there are plenty of people on here running them with great success. I've ran eibach coils on imports, lowered trucks, rock crawlers, hell they make excellent valve springs.

Trackrat - try throwing some z71 front stops in your truck, I bet it will ride great :cheers:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'm running the longer z71 tahoe bumpstops up front and, though the ride is a bit firm, I prefer them over removing the stop entirely or running a lower profile stop up front just because of the way I drive.

Just for the record I think eibach makes fantastic springs and there are plenty of people on here running them with great success. I've ran eibach coils on imports, lowered trucks, rock crawlers, hell they make excellent valve springs.

Trackrat - try throwing some z71 front stops in your truck, I bet it will ride great :cheers:

+1

Trackrat

Reaction score

I found out what the problem was. I thought the front was the problem but all along it was the rear. I didnt trim enough of the rear bumpstop and it was bottoming out very bad. so bad that it shook the entire truck. I just trimmed it some more and now I feel it rides just as I figured it would. I just drove it to Maryland for the day and it really drives very well. i'm satisfied. I still may try some z71 jounce stops up front. they dont cost much so if i do like it it wont set me back too much. thanks for the replies!:Handshake:

Kev

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

You where right about it being the rear.:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo