My Drop Experience - 5 Months Later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.i threw some helper bags in the coils and it changed the ride 100%...bags are like 75 bucks on amazon and are well worth it..i was going to do the panhard as well, but after the bags it rides how i want it too..

Hmmmmm! guess I'll need to try this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good and excellent write-up :cheers: Unfortunately these trucks will still behave in accordance to the laws of physics so comparing a highly modified truck to a sports coupe weighing 3000lbs less will leave anyone with a sour taste in their mouth. I would highly recommend installing a larger set of sway bars (I prefer the eibach 35mm front and 32mm rear) as well as shorter end links for the rear sway bar.

As far as the bumpsteer is concerned installing some heim'd tie rods and a steering stabilizer are the best methods for reducing the steering issue but remember, these trucks are quite nose-heavy and the torsion bar front suspension isn't designed for excellent handling characteristics.

I would also suggest installing some airlift helper bags as they will drastically increase the ride quality as well as towing capability. Z71 Tahoe front bumpstops (gm part # 15153959) are also an excellent addition to improve ride quality. These torsion bar ifs trucks have no natural rebound like a well-designed coil spring suspension or even leaves so an excellent dampener in conjunction with a stiffer jounce stop will make the suspension much more responsive (though you are limiting the amount of travel from the front suspension).

There is a bit of trial and error involved in setting up the suspensions on these trucks, but they ride and handle quite well once you spend the time doing it correctly. Best of luck to you and we're all here to answer an questions you may have.

im trying to figure out what to do for my front..because the djm arms dont come close the the bumpstops...and i would like to have something, because like you said with the torsion bars its nice to have that extra support

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
How tall are your current stops? 1" or so? The Z71s are mad taller.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good and excellent write-up :cheers: Unfortunately these trucks will still behave in accordance to the laws of physics so comparing a
There is a bit of trial and error involved in setting up the suspensions on these trucks, but they ride and handle quite well once you spend the time doing it correctly. Best of luck to you and we're all here to answer an questions you may have.

Couldn't have said it better, it's an art and each indiv tahoe handles ever so slightly different too... it aint easy being low

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Great review bro. Good info

I just got a pair of those Z71 bump stops from Max. Can really feel the difference. There alittle taller then others, but feel much better to me. I need to trim mine alittle tho. Heres a pic
2011-04-26_140810.jpg

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great review bro. Good info

I just got a pair of those Z71 bump stops from Max. Can really feel the difference. There alittle taller then others, but feel much better to me. I need to trim mine alittle tho. Heres a pic

its their design that makes them so stable, like an upside down muffin and that lip is where the benefit is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA