My Denali's Mid-Life Crisis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeyMiggs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Soo... I am not a rich fellow. That is true. If it were true, I would have myself a 2010 Yukon Denali.
What I have is a 2002 Yukon Denali and I notice that the under carriage has seen its share of winter weather. What you mean? Salt. Rust.

With 96,000 miles on the vehicle, I am just wondering what I am in for. I mean, if I could. I would take the body off the chasis and grind it down. Put a fresh paint job on the vehicle. Strip the frame down and blast the rust off. Put it thru a powder coating process.
All in the same token, I am looking at the aftermarket wheels. The entire brake system has it's own share of eye sores. It comes down to the dust plates behind the rotors that have turned into pure rust. The suspension and struts on the vehicle have not the greatest appeal.

What is it? With these upgrades that would make the vehicle worth putting the money forth? I had asked myself, that maybe I should just hang onto to this and keep it as is. By doing that then maybe in a few years I could trade this in for a newer SUV. One that I can keep clean.

Yet I can't lie.. I wish I had a show car on my hands. One that could bring trophies at Car Shows. What is one to do?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

In pricing suspension kits & things? I just don't know how much of the older parts I could replace for a decent price? It comes down to the thought of mounting some brand new Chrome 22" Wheels on the thing, right in front of the old rusty hardware. It doesn't make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts