My current fuel trims - idle, 2000rpm, 3000rpm all no load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to just the software that comes "with" the dongle. I created an account and downloaded the software from iphone app store. I think the name is obdlink.
I might be able to use other apps - I don't know.
I put in a support ticket asking regarding alcohol percentage type PIDs. We'll see how good their (Obdlink) support is.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put in a support ticket asking regarding alcohol percentage type PIDs. We'll see how good their (Obdlink) support is.

Yes, OBDLink. That's on my phone with a profile for my daily driver, but not the Hoe. Guess I oughta set it up. I use Torque Pro on a tablet for the Hoe.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, OBDLink. That's on my phone with a profile for my daily driver, but not the Hoe. Guess I oughta set it up. I use Torque Pro on a tablet for the Hoe.
You might try getting your scanner to pick up PID # 220052
The equation is (A/255)*100
This might give you the current ethanol percentage.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using software that is available with the MX+? What's it called?

I'm using an MX+ with Torque Pro, but I don't think it has the alcohol content PID to show.
I think you can add a "custom" PID in the Torque Pro app. Google it and you can find a number of instructions for that.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you can add a "custom" PID in the Torque Pro app. Google it and you can find a number of instructions for that.

Right, I have a couple that I've tried.

I attempted to connect the OBDLInk app on my phone to the MX+ dongle last night but couldn't get the mandatory firmware update (only able to do that with the OBDLink app) to go. I did it this morning in my daily driver, so now I should be able to try the custom PID using either the tablet or the phone.

Torque Pro didn't care that the MX+ firmware wasn't the latest.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I have a couple that I've tried.

I attempted to connect the OBDLInk app on my phone to the MX+ dongle last night but couldn't get the mandatory firmware update (only able to do that with the OBDLink app) to go. I did it this morning in my daily driver, so now I should be able to try the custom PID using either the tablet or the phone.

Torque Pro didn't care that the MX+ firmware wasn't the latest.
I loaded and paid for Car Scanner Pro (I think this is the IOS version for Torque Pro?)

I tried to get the app to read Ethanol Percent but it said my vehicle protocol is not new enough.

Car Scanner Pro.PNG

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Car Scanner Pro is apparently saying that it can't get to the Ethanol Percent using SAE J1850. That could be bunk - I don't know. When I attempt connecting using the ISO 15765-4 I see the Ethanol Percent PID but the software won't pull it up on a dashboard.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed my 2006 Tahoe has the J1850 VPW protocol. Pins 2, 4, 5, 16 are connected.
What PID limits this means - I don't know. More googling required.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the J1850 VPW PID lists I could find don't contain ethanol percentage.
I'm claiming no scanner can read it. It might be there but no way to read it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21