My cruise control is hmmm need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I want to ask (yes i did a Google search) my cruise control is not working hmmm I dont know if it should work but I know this:

1- the cruise control switch is there
2- the cruise control unit connected to the throttle body.
3- all fuses are good.

What else? How do I know it may work? When I tuen it on or what ever button I use it is nothing dead!

Is it normal?

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that is not normal. Haha. I've heard of people having problem with the brake switch, causing the cruise control to always kill itself. I am assuming that you have the cc switch on "on", correct? I know that the words get worn off and it gets hard to read so make sure its not just switched off or something stupid. Haha. Someone who knows more about the brake switch possibility will chime in soon

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that is not normal. Haha. I've heard of people having problem with the brake switch, causing the cruise control to always kill itself. I am assuming that you have the cc switch on "on", correct? I know that the words get worn off and it gets hard to read so make sure its not just switched off or something stupid. Haha. Someone who knows more about the brake switch possibility will chime in soon

The problem is that I am not getting any thing no indicator non!

Even on the dash nothing turns on!

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
there is no light for the cruise control on the dash. And it only works above 25-30 mph. Put the slide switch in the middle and then hold the button on the end of the stalk for 2 seconds to engage cruise control. Hit the brakes or slide the switch to the left to turn it off.

Bigdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is no light for the cruise control on the dash. And it only works above 25-30 mph. Put the slide switch in the middle and then hold the button on the end of the stalk for 2 seconds to engage cruise control. Hit the brakes or slide the switch to the left to turn it off.

I have a green "mini speedo" indicator come on when the cruise is activated. As far as the cruise mine was out and it was a connector under the dash the last owner disconnected when he was working on it. Took out the cruise and brake lights. Check the brake lights to help diagnose. Good luck

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about a 2003?

I don't think the 1st gen tahoes had an indicator light for the cruise. Mine doesn't have one.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my Hoe has never had the cruise control indicator on the dash either

Thank you, I found out the same too I ask a friend who have the same model and he shown me how to use it and . . . . It is working :p

It is my bad sorry :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879