2019 Yukon Denali - Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VinoVeritas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2019 Yukon Denali with Adaptive Cruise Control. The adaptive cruise control is no longer functioning, and an alert pops up stating, “Service adaptive cruise control,” as soon as I start it. I checked all of the front sensors, and nothing appears to be dirty or loose. However, the module located at the rearview mirror seems to be relatively warm compared to other items around it. Can anyone point me in a direction to start troubleshooting the problem? Thank you in advance!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The module is behind the front bumper. Have you looked there to verify everything is clean, no visible wiring issues?

OP
OP
V

VinoVeritas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The module is behind the front bumper. Have you looked there to verify everything is clean, no visible wiring issues?
Where is it located and what is the best way to access it? I haven’t been able to find schematics online for it.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you, I hate that adaptive cruise … wife loves it, I can’t stand it
I am with you for the most part. On the freeway it is annoying as hell, stabs the brakes hard if I don't switch lanes several hundred feet behind a slower semi, so I hang out in the left lane. I do like it on two lane highways.
Really wish I could turn off that part. Oh, lets not forget the cruise control buttons were on the turn signal stalk of all GMs for decades, my mussel memory keeps hitting the rear wiper instead of resume. Doh!

Carfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you tried setting it to the shortest gap? Works great for me. When I start closing in on the vehicle ahead I begin my plan to get in the left lane. Most of the time I only drop a mile or two in speed before I can get over. Much better than sharp braking and then rapid acceleration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts