My Black Bear Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ghoster

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have a e85 tune? Justin told me i can just run e85 on the 87 tune no probs

Its the factory tune, but it must use a separate set of parameters, so its different, and I think I shall count it as a tune!:Big Laugh:

OP
OP
ghoster

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the results of my trip to Atlantic city last week. It was a 5 day trip. I did 212.5 miles on the Highway and 192.9 miles on rural roads. Part of it was slow cruising, site seeing along the Jersey shore. On the highway around the Delaware line we crept for 3 miles at the toll plaza. With all this I averaged 18.1 mpg. I did no more than 5 mph over the limit at any time. The Tahoe now has 1925 miles on it, so its not even broken in yet. Not too shabby.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Nice, Do you have any comparison compared to Before? My last trip i was at 18.5 with 22 rims.

OP
OP
ghoster

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its around the 1500 mile point the lifetime mpg's on it were 16. So it appears the mileage is improving. This is kind of the starting point for me. The end of this month we are going on a much longer 10 day trip. It will probably be a good 50/50 hwy/rural driving with plenty of mountain roads. If I can maintain 18 mpg average for the next trip I will be impressed.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

The end of this year we may drive to Miami to visit the in-laws. If we do that will give a great, flat land all highway test.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Driving to Miami is a LONG drive!!! :)
2. Awesome info on mpg! I hope to have similar gains when I do this mod to the Burb in the fall or winter:waytogo:
3. Welcome back from your trip :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n