My Black Bear Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh so you actually got two different tunes then? That is pretty awesome!

OP
OP
ghoster

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh so you actually got two different tunes then? That is pretty awesome!

2 tunes for the different octanes, yes. I didn't opt for an all out performance tune so far. I want to get more miles on it before I do that to it!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: cool! and it's pretty easy to flash between set ups, I guess? This is all very intriguing to me as I look to get my tune by the end of the year I hope....

TahoeTX

Reaction score
My 2009 Tahoe does this same thing and it's soooooo annoying! I'm positive it's because of the 6 speed transmission. It wants to stay in a higher gear at the wrong times. I can't wait for a tune. It makes you wonder how much GM tested these trucks in actual driving conditions.

OP
OP
ghoster

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its very easy! You use your computer to flash the tune you want to use to the Autocal, then flash the tune from the Autocal to the truck. Pretty simple. It took me longer to figure out how to get the tune to the Autocal than it did to flash the tune to the truck. The instructions are pretty good, but lots of people that can help you if you need it. I like the option of being able to contact Black Bear and get another tune if I want it for the price of the tune only. It makes it simple! Right now I have no mods at all. In a few years I am likely to put on an exhaust and intake, maybe a few other things. It will be pretty easy to have Black Bear adjust my tune accordingly.

OP
OP
ghoster

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 6 tunes i can choose from. Stock ECM and Stock TCM, Sport and tow tcm, and a 87 and 93 tune

Well yes, but I already had the stock and tow tunes.:laughing1:

Now I have the 87 and 91 tunes. Do the separate tables for e85 count as another tune?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sumo has got a wide variety :eek:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Well yes, but I already had the stock and tow tunes.:laughing1:

Now I have the 87 and 91 tunes. Do the separate tables for e85 count as another tune?

you have a e85 tune? Justin told me i can just run e85 on the 87 tune no probs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65