My 2001 Tahoe makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind linking what you bought? $30 sounds reasonable!

I had a center cap that the tension spring was gone on and I bought a set from ebay and they were only about $30.00 for the set. I was surprised at the cost and the quality of them.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I may look into cleaning up my existing wheels and have them coated matte black. I do like the look of the black with my silver paint on my rig. I am having a body shop friend of mine address the two scrapes on the front bumper corners and will ask if he can do the wheels.

I just really like the spider web design.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

AJ Lerway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mike, can you add a shot down the side of your Tahoe so I can see what kind of effect the 2" spacers provided? Also, did you notice any turn-radius or other driving differences?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the forum really helps. When you share a love for something that others completely understand it makes it less work and more joy I think. This forum has no doubt made me want to do things on my Tahoes that I wouldn't have done without it.

Excellent job Mike!!

Yes this is one forum that everyone is willing and more then happy to help 24/7.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. After I used oven cleaner to shine the rims up, I actually kind of like the shiny look on black look of it. That's why I'm not in a big hurry to replace them yet. I need to replace the center caps on them because they are all scratched up and those seem to be expensive. I did find a set of 4 on this site, but I'm not sure I can trust it. Anyone else buy from here?

https://www.saeparts.com/factory-set-of-4-center-caps-tahoe-01-08-brushed-aluminum-15766002
You are better off watching for partouts. Those don't sell for a lot in those situations, and those caps have never looked bad from the pictures I've seen. If you see any in my area (Dallas, Texas), let me know and I can check on pricing for you and ship them (if you are paying for everything I'll be happy to facilitate).

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the forum really helps. When you share a love for something that others completely understand it makes it less work and more joy I think. This forum has no doubt made me want to do things on my Tahoes that I wouldn't have done without it.
This forum has some of the nicest and most knowledgeable people on the Internet. I picked out an electrical meter with their help, and I have used it a bunch. Someone else suggested a bluetooth OBDII reader, and I bought the one suggested. It has been helpful as well.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, can you add a shot down the side of your Tahoe so I can see what kind of effect the 2" spacers provided? Also, did you notice any turn-radius or other driving differences?

Sure thing! here you go. The turning hasn't seemed to change that I can tell, but I do have a little rub that I'm going to need to fix that I didn't have before. It's not on the fender flare like I would have thought. It was the plastic wheel well insert. I'm going to have to trim it about 1/2 and inch and it should be fine with my 285/70/17 tires.

20201106_153719.jpg

20201106_153732 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE